Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Jet Call Center Reps...

Search this Thread

Old Oct 8, 2011, 1:39 am

I had to call up four times to get a rep to sort out the webcheckin for 3 different segments today, the first 3 just kept repeating that i should keep trying even after me telling them that i have tried umpteen number of times and still get the same error
Old Oct 8, 2011, 6:04 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Trust me they aren't that bad. Been dealing with BA call center over the last couple of months and they too are quite similar.

Problem is that call center work isn't exactly anything worth writing home about so all these companies find it difficult to retain trained staff. Not just Airlines, had to deal with a Gas company the other day and I was about to throw the phone off a wall, 3 phone calls and 45 minutes to get my work done.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 5:07 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
While booking a 9W flight today, I noticed that the S2 (or whatever it's called now) website was selling the same exact flight for 1k cheaper. The drawback was that I would have to call in, because the JetKonnect website doesn't allow you to add partner frequent flyer numbers. I figured that a call couldn't possibly be that bad.

The first call took me 1/2 an hour. It went something like this:
Agent: Hello
Me: Hello. I'm calling to add a US Airways frequent flyer number to my reservation.
Agent: What is your PNR?
Me: ...
Agent: ok. What is the airline you want to put miles to?
Me: US Airways.
Agent: What is your Indian mobile number?
Me: I don't have one.
Agent: What is your mobile number?
Me: +1 ...
Agent: No, that is a US mobile number. I need an Indian one.
Agent: Ok, what is your frequent flyer number?
Me: US Airways ...
Agent: Ya, I know it is US Airways. What is the number?
Me: (first 4 digits)...
Agent: Sir, the system is asking me for a mobile phone number. What is your Indian mobile number?

After asking for the mobile number a few more times, I finally just gave him my dad's.

After that, he asked for departure phone, arrival phone, email address, secondary email address, meal selection for first segment, meal selection for second segment. Finally, we got back to the topic of frequent flyer number. He put it in, and said goodbye. Success, 30 minutes later

I pull up the record, and find that there is a 9W JP number in the reservation instead of a US Airways number

Call 2:
Agent: Hello.
Me: Hello, I was wondering if you could fix an issue in my booking. There is a JetPrivilege number in there, but it should be US Airways.
Agent: Sorry, we are not partners with US Airways.
Me: Yes, you are. It's on your website.
Agent: No, we are not.
Me: Yes, you are.
Agent: No, we are not. Stop wasting my time
*hang up*

I'm still on hold on call 3, but I'm thinking that forfeiting these miles is a better option than sticking this out any longer.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:06 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
While booking a 9W flight today, I noticed that the S2 (or whatever it's called now) website was selling the same exact flight for 1k cheaper. The drawback was that I would have to call in, because the JetKonnect website doesn't allow you to add partner frequent flyer numbers. I figured that a call couldn't possibly be that bad.

The first call took me 1/2 an hour. It went something like this:
Agent: Hello
Me: Hello. I'm calling to add a US Airways frequent flyer number to my reservation.
Agent: What is your PNR?
Me: ...
Agent: ok. What is the airline you want to put miles to?
Me: US Airways.
Agent: What is your Indian mobile number?
Agent: What is your mobile number?
Me: +1 ...
Agent: No, that is a US mobile number. I need an Indian one.
Agent: Ok, what is your frequent flyer number?
Me: US Airways ...
Agent: Ya, I know it is US Airways. What is the number?
Me: (first 4 digits)...
Agent: Sir, the system is asking me for a mobile phone number. What is your Indian mobile number?

After asking for the mobile number a few more times, I finally just gave him my dad's.

After that, he asked for departure phone, arrival phone, email address, secondary email address, meal selection for first segment, meal selection for second segment. Finally, we got back to the topic of frequent flyer number. He put it in, and said goodbye. Success, 30 minutes later

I pull up the record, and find that there is a 9W JP number in the reservation instead of a US Airways number

Call 2:
Agent: Hello.
Me: Hello, I was wondering if you could fix an issue in my booking. There is a JetPrivilege number in there, but it should be US Airways.
Agent: Sorry, we are not partners with US Airways.
Me: Yes, you are. It's on your website.
Agent: No, we are not.
Me: Yes, you are.
Agent: No, we are not. Stop wasting my time
*hang up*

I'm still on hold on call 3, but I'm thinking that forfeiting these miles is a better option than sticking this out any longer.
what was the flight number that you got ticketed eventually. as per the USAirways website, only 9w flights earn DM, not s2 coded flights: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...etairways.html
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:25 pm

Programs: TK ELPL (*G), AS 100K (OWE), BA Gold (OWE), Hyatt Globalist, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Plat, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by A2A
what was the flight number that you got ticketed eventually. as per the USAirways website, only 9w flights earn DM, not s2 coded flights: http://www.usairways.com/en-US/divid...etairways.html
S25008. Definitely 9W operated, not S2
Old Dec 16, 2012, 8:54 pm
A2A

Programs: AA, BASilver, TajICGold, MarriottPlatinum,HyattGlobalist, EYGold, AI
Jet Call Center Reps...

Only 9w stock and 9w operation flight qualify!
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:13 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Plat Ambassador, Hyatt Explorist, Qatar Gold, Vistara Gold
Originally Posted by PVDtoDEL
S25008. Definitely 9W operated, not S2
S2 metal only codeshares with 9W. Only 9W metal codeshares with the long list of partners they have.
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by A2A
Only 9w stock and 9w operation flight qualify!
Not true. Only 9W-operated flights count. stock or flight number are irrelevant.

I've credited S2-codeshare, 9W-operated flights to US before with no problems. However, I've always given the FFN during check-in. I guess I'll have to do the same with this flight...
Old Dec 16, 2012, 9:31 pm

Originally Posted by Anish
S2 metal only codeshares with 9W. Only 9W metal codeshares with the long list of partners they have.
Right, but whether the flight is a US codeshare or not is irrelevant. This is a 9W operated flight and therefore is eligible for accrual in Dividend Miles. It doesn't matter if I booked it with a AA, ZZ, or S2 code.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.