Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please report your successful 9W/AI/UK redemptions here

Search this Thread

Old May 12, 2011, 2:59 pm

Has anyone successfully redeemed IT in C on DEL-HKG? I wanted to book an award on CO in Dec. using IT for that leg, but the kingfisher website does not show any availability (I have a dummy KingClub login).

I think Indian carriers have a long way to go in terms of their yield/revenue management and award programs.
Old May 12, 2011, 4:24 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by abcx
I think Indian carriers have a long way to go in terms of their yield/revenue management and award programs.
You can say that again.
Old May 12, 2011, 6:22 pm
Suspended

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. Be sure what you ask for. Revenue Management is the primary cause of frustration on some airlines.
Old May 13, 2011, 3:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Has anyone successfully redeemed IT in C on DEL-HKG? I wanted to book an award on CO in Dec. using IT for that leg, but the kingfisher website does not show any availability (I have a dummy KingClub login).
i've done this twice....no issues....
Old May 13, 2011, 11:12 am

Originally Posted by Keyser
i've done this twice....no issues....
Was it widely available or just a select few dates? Were you able to check availability online? (I'm not going to pay for EF just for this).
Old May 14, 2011, 2:47 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Was it widely available or just a select few dates? Were you able to check availability online? (I'm not going to pay for EF just for this).
the first time was when the leg was first started....i managed to get 2 tickets on the first flight out....

the second time was earlier this year & again i got tickets on the day i wanted....didn't even bother to check other dates....
Old Jun 16, 2011, 1:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Had one confirmed in First and another on wait list for 6 weeks which failed to clear last week. They did how ever give me one seat in Biz on the same flight which didn't impress the other half very much....

It wouldn't bother me but I was on waitlist till t-10hrs and could have even upgraded to First at the very last moment. The flight load for First on that flight was 3 seats taken out of 8. Why oh why do they not confirm and get rid of airmiles that their members have!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

How stupid is this.... JP at their best

Newcastle (UK) to AMS is 10k one way in Economy
Newcastle to Barcelona via AMS on the same airline is 9k

So you get another 2hrs flight for 1k less.

Eh!!!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 6:21 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lallyr
How stupid is this.... JP at their best

Newcastle (UK) to AMS is 10k one way in Economy
Newcastle to Barcelona via AMS on the same airline is 9k

So you get another 2hrs flight for 1k less.

Eh!!!
But you probably pay more for taxes if you include the BCN leg...
Old Nov 24, 2011, 8:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

managed to get one redemption seat on the del-mxp-del sector in april....at this moment the entire première cabin is empty (besides my one tredemption ticket) but jet still didn't let me redeem 2 tickets....

i've bought the other one & its wait-listed for an upgrade using vouchers....
Old Nov 24, 2011, 9:26 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Keyser
managed to get one redemption seat on the del-mxp-del sector in april....at this moment the entire première cabin is empty (besides my one tredemption ticket) but jet still didn't let me redeem 2 tickets....

i've bought the other one & its wait-listed for an upgrade using vouchers....

Normally I wouldn't care and not fly that airline again but I am stuck got so many points with them with a expiry date attached to them.

How can they expire my miles when are they not letting me spend them
Old Nov 24, 2011, 11:07 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by lallyr
How can they expire my miles when are they not letting me spend them
I'll spend them for you!
Old Nov 24, 2011, 1:20 pm

Programs: UA Premier Silver, AA Gold, National Emerald Club, Hilton Hhonors Gold
I redeem my family's JP miles frequently on the MAA - IXM - MAA sector. Those ATR routes have only 1 award seat. 9W flies 4X Daily on this sector and it is pretty easy to get seats except for the early morning departure from MAA and the last flight out of IXM.

Wish JP had the family membership system so that I can pool my family's miles together.

Also I redeemed a one way JFK-AUH-MAA business class ticket on Etihad using JP miles. Wanted to fly 9W, but 9W agents informed there weren't any award seats till next May. So booked EY instead.
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by jetche2004
Also I redeemed a one way JFK-AUH-MAA business class ticket on Etihad using JP miles. Wanted to fly 9W, but 9W agents informed there weren't any award seats till next May. So booked EY instead.
How many miles was that?
Old Nov 25, 2011, 3:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Original Poster

Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
I'll spend them for you!
I tell you what.... You find 3 seats on any flight and I will book them for you Deal?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.