Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Best route midwest to BLR?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 2, 2011, 8:30 am
Original Poster

Best route midwest to BLR?

Any Ideas? I orriginate in CMH so ORD, ATL, JFK, EWR, DTW and MSP are all possibilities.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
any preference for alliance?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:27 am

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
You could do a BA/AA combo through ORD/LHR
You could do an LH/UA or CO or US combo - basically star, through ORD/EWR/IAD/CLT and FRA
You could do a skyteam combo through ATL

from what I can see LH/UA/CO have the best fares which all you to combine their services in Y and the best Biz fare is on Skyteam with DL/AF
Old Feb 2, 2011, 9:40 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
Welcome to FT!

BA, LH and AF all do BLR via their hubs.

If you are looking to avoid Europe / European carriers (higher taxes, fuel surcharges etc) then consider one of the ultra long hauls from US to India. CO and AI from EWR, AA from ORD are two that spring to mind for landing at DEL and then onward on 9W or IT to BLR.

9W probably will offer the best J and Y product and could take you all the way to BLR from JFK. JFK-BRU-BOM-BLR or even could do MAA or DEL instead of BOM.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 11:58 am

Programs: Skymiles, Hilton HHoners, Marriott Rewards
Change to domestic in India

I have heard that it may be easier to fly direct to Bangalore from Europe than fly into India and then switch from international arrivals to domestic departured terminal in India. Any thoughts?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:17 pm

Programs: AA, UA, NWA, SPG, HH
Originally Posted by newbusflyer
I have heard that it may be easier to fly direct to Bangalore from Europe than fly into India and then switch from international arrivals to domestic departured terminal in India. Any thoughts?
Yes, that is true. I much rather transiting through EU or US than to change in India. FWIW, I'm Indian.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:20 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA 1M
Originally Posted by doubled79
Yes, that is true. I much rather transiting through EU or US than to change in India. FWIW, I'm Indian.
Thats understandable. I'm Indian too and try to void intl-dom connections in India. I actually try to avoid that anywhere.
Old Feb 2, 2011, 12:46 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
If you are not flying in fog season, the only airport where I would consider a transit is Delhi given the linking of terminals - but with most international flights arriving late night, it involves a near overnight layover - so best avoided.

From CMH you could also look at EY via ORD (I think they'd take you on AA to ORD then ORD-AUH-BLR on EY), EK via JFK and QR via IAD or JFK.

Which cabin is this for?
Old Feb 2, 2011, 1:19 pm

Most likely J when flying alone and Y with the family. Looking at a 2 year assignment over there.
Old Feb 3, 2011, 1:50 pm

EK thru JFK gives you a A380 option if that is a consideration
Old Feb 3, 2011, 6:40 pm

Programs: AA Plat,PC Plat, HHonors Gold
put up the query on ITA or contact a travel agent. you can get flights out of CMH itself. If you are not traveling in winter, CMH-ORD-DEL-BLR is a pretty good route on AA/9W. Otherwise, on Skyteam, CVG-CDG-BLR on DL/AF
Old Feb 5, 2011, 3:29 pm

Thanks for all the replies. I realize I can leave from CMH but the airports I listed were possilble international gateways. Unless someone convinces me that a longer flight is better than 2 about equal ones I think Skyteam is my choice. AF gives a A380 option too and I would go CMH to NYC or ATL then to CDG and direct to BLR.
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:31 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by AJLondon
9W probably will offer the best J and Y product and could take you all the way to BLR from JFK. JFK-BRU-BOM-BLR or even could do MAA or DEL instead of BOM.
^^
Old Feb 7, 2011, 3:35 am

Programs: TK Elite, QR Gold
if i were you, i would skip a transit in Europe. With all the storm/snow problems why take the risk.

Etihad/AI/Emirates can do this route for you without EU stopovers. Good food, good service!
Old Feb 8, 2011, 7:56 am

Programs: AA - EXP, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, UK - Gold
Thanks for all the replies. I realize I can leave from CMH but the airports I listed were possilble international gateways. Unless someone convinces me that a longer flight is better than 2 about equal ones I think Skyteam is my choice. AF gives a A380 option too and I would go CMH to NYC or ATL then to CDG and direct to BLR.
I would avoid Europe if its in winter...take EY/EK to middle east - they both fly directly to BLR.. you could do CMH-JFK-DXB-BLR or CMH-ORD-AUH-BLR

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.