Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

AI boards RUH bound pax on an IC flight to MCT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22, 2010, 6:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/i...ow/6509441.cms

Looks like checkin issued him the wrong bp, then immigration let him through without noticing the mismatch.

He only noticed once the FA began pre-flight announcements about flying to MCT.

It could have been worse, I guess. He could have slept through all the announcements, landed in MCT and got himself deported back
Old Sep 22, 2010, 7:47 am

Programs: CO Plat; UA 1K; EK Gold
LOL....
I am sure the other pax were not excited when they realized their flight was coming back to the gate and they will be delayed.!!
Old Sep 22, 2010, 1:09 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
many years ago i was traveling on a spice jet flight from del-bom....half of us were already on the flight & another bus full of passengers came in....they all boarded & tried to take their seats but found other people sitting in them....turns out the bus load of passenger were for the del-ccu flight....there was mass confusion for 10 minutes....that was the last time i took a spice jet flight....
Old Sep 23, 2010, 1:40 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Monday night in CCU: AI (ground handling for MU) decided to board the China Eastern Kunming flight (B738 dep 0030) at the same gate at the same time as the LH flight to FRA (A330 dep 0055). Manual security check at the end of the walk way for the MU flight as pax were supposed to board busses to the MU flight, the LH pax were supposed to walk 50 m to the aircraft. All LH (full in C and Y, atleast 200pax) and MU pax (aprox 120) got mixed up, but we still left on time. I do not not know how. LH staff kept checking BP, but I think they just went by the LH yellow. Proof: when I went to to sit in my seat a gentleman was already sitting in it. His BP said "2A" and he refused to get up. Only problem was it was for his FRA-BEG flight Its seems security and immigration merrily stamped the wrong BP and the staff let him board with it (I clearly remember everyone pretending to read the BP)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.