Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Best indian FFP to credit CX Asia miles?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 9, 2010, 10:38 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum

Hi

I'm taking a trip from SFO to SIN in M Class, the eligible asia miles are around 8K. The only indian FF program available is Jet Privilege, but the Fare Class (M) qualifies only for a 50% award. Since there is no other option, I'm planning to get 4K miles into JP. But with the high YQ charged for award redemptions in Jet airways, Not very happy with the earning vs spending.

Is there any other better way to make use of the 8K miles, Will crediting them to Asia Miles (new account) help when KF joines Oneworld?
Old Sep 9, 2010, 3:40 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
it will possibly take kingfisher another year (maybe longer) to become part of one world....if you would like to wait for that then you have another option....if not then jet seems to be the only choice you have....
Old Sep 10, 2010, 3:54 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Whizkid
Hi

I'm taking a trip from SFO to SIN in M Class, the eligible asia miles are around 8K. The only indian FF program available is Jet Privilege, but the Fare Class (M) qualifies only for a 50% award. Since there is no other option, I'm planning to get 4K miles into JP. But with the high YQ charged for award redemptions in Jet airways, Not very happy with the earning vs spending.

Is there any other better way to make use of the 8K miles, Will crediting them to Asia Miles (new account) help when KF joines Oneworld?
I have redeemend many times on Jet on their flights.. hv always paid between INR 450 - 525 as taxes and fees for each ticket on domestic routes..
Am not sure about their partner and intl redemptions though..
Old Sep 10, 2010, 4:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
I have redeemend many times on Jet on their flights.. hv always paid between INR 450 - 525 as taxes and fees for each ticket on domestic routes..
Am not sure about their partner and intl redemptions though..
i missed that part of the op's post....but you are right abhilife2001, i have never paid more than what you mentioned for a domestic ticket....for international tickets its a bit more....
Old Sep 10, 2010, 11:37 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Yes, 9w's awards are *most definitely* not as expensive as LH's, for example!
Old Sep 10, 2010, 8:38 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by SuperFlyBoy
Yes, 9w's awards are *most definitely* not as expensive as LH's, for example!
I have to agree, though I often seem to find Kingfisher's burn rate a bit easier than 9W.
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
I have to agree, though I often seem to find Kingfisher's burn rate a bit easier than 9W.
are you referring to international or domestic prices????
Old Sep 11, 2010, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC Gold, Hilton Gold, Marriot Platinum
well it's the international redemption which are tough to get and high YQ as well. but since there are no other options, went with JP.

Oneworld is not much help with AA & MX in the US sector and it does not look good for them there - Star Alliance is better with United & Continental

I'm moving to Singapore for few months and tried out a redemption on Oneway Economy SIN-MAA sector, It's 20000 Miles and SGD 136, given that the Economy special fare itself is around SGD300, I felt that it's not a good value for redemption.

I'm a newbie to this sector, so please feel free to jump in.

Reg KF - the Domestic redemption in India is very good, on KF Red, Oneway MAA-TRZ (Home Town)works out to be 2800 miles . So if KF would have been a part of Oneworld, I could have taken almost 3 flights in MAA-TRZ sector.. for the miles I earned in this SFO SIN Flight. My bad luck..

Posting from HKG International Terminal with Free Wifi ^
Old Sep 11, 2010, 5:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Whizkid
well it's the international redemption which are tough to get and high YQ as well. but since there are no other options, went with JP.

Oneworld is not much help with AA & MX in the US sector and it does not look good for them there - Star Alliance is better with United & Continental

I'm moving to Singapore for few months and tried out a redemption on Oneway Economy SIN-MAA sector, It's 20000 Miles and SGD 136, given that the Economy special fare itself is around SGD300, I felt that it's not a good value for redemption.

I'm a newbie to this sector, so please feel free to jump in.

Reg KF - the Domestic redemption in India is very good, on KF Red, Oneway MAA-TRZ (Home Town)works out to be 2800 miles . So if KF would have been a part of Oneworld, I could have taken almost 3 flights in MAA-TRZ sector.. for the miles I earned in this SFO SIN Flight. My bad luck..

Posting from HKG International Terminal with Free Wifi ^
redemption with jet makes a lot of sense in business or first class....some international sectors have very high fees in economy....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.