Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

Kingfisher Boarding passes in Dubai

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11, 2010, 9:21 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Delta, Hilton, National, Marriott

I am flying Delta to Dubai and connecting to Kingfisher in Dubai to Bangalore. Does anyone here have any experience on how to get kingfisher boarding passes once I land in Dubai? or Does Delta give out boarding passes in US (which I highly doubt)?
Old Aug 11, 2010, 10:37 pm

I haven't travelled on Deta - but usually airlines issue boarding passes for onward journeys at your first port.
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
do you have one through reservation or 2 seperate reservations????
Old Aug 12, 2010, 4:27 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by saad
do you have one through reservation or 2 seperate reservations????
mostly if its on the same reservation, then u shd get the BP in US itself I believe..
Old Aug 12, 2010, 5:36 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by abhilife2001
mostly if its on the same reservation, then u shd get the BP in US itself I believe..
it depends....if its a partner airline then there won't be any problems....if its not then it depends on airline to airline....
Old Aug 13, 2010, 9:33 am

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, UA GLD, Marriott GLD, Hyatt GLD
it depends....if its a partner airline then there won't be any problems....if its not then it depends on airline to airline....
I've had alliance partners not be able to issue BP's while connecting also, so this is not always true. However, as long as you have a printout of your complete itinerary when you first check-in(same or different PNRs) and the two airlines have an interline agreement in place, they will tag your bags all the way through (the most important thing), and you should be able to get your BPs from your second carrier without any issues while in transit.

Hopefully, in the OP's case, IT has a check-in counter/assistance kiosk in the transit area in DXB so he doesn't have to go out of security, etc - hopefully someone with recent travels there can comment.
Old Aug 14, 2010, 3:28 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phillykp
I've had alliance partners not be able to issue BP's while connecting also, so this is not always true.
i have never had a problem with alliance partners, provided its one through ticket on the same pnr....
Old Aug 17, 2010, 10:19 am
Moderator: GLBT travelers, India-based Airlines and India; FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Yes!
i have never had a problem with alliance partners, provided its one through ticket on the same pnr....
I recently flew SIN-BKK-JNB on SQ connecting to TG. Quite shockingly, SQ in SIN were unable to issue the BKK-JNB BP! Despite one thru (F) ticket.
Old Aug 18, 2010, 2:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AJLondon
I recently flew SIN-BKK-JNB on SQ connecting to TG. Quite shockingly, SQ in SIN were unable to issue the BKK-JNB BP! Despite one thru (F) ticket.
that is indeed shocking....i have never come across something like this before....
Old Aug 18, 2010, 3:04 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
that is indeed shocking....i have never come across something like this before....
yeah.. me too.. and that also between SQ and TG in SIN..
Old Aug 18, 2010, 12:30 pm

Programs: AA 1MM GLD, UA GLD, Marriott GLD, Hyatt GLD
I've also encountered a situation when flying on AA/BA combo (OW) thru' LHR. The AA rep had actually issued me BPs for the BA flight in the US, but I was made to re-check in with BA at LHR.
Old Aug 19, 2010, 3:14 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by phillykp
I've also encountered a situation when flying on AA/BA combo (OW) thru' LHR. The AA rep had actually issued me BPs for the BA flight in the US, but I was made to re-check in with BA at LHR.
i have had this happen to me a number of times....i've never had a problem getting a re-check done....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.