9W - DEL to LHR

Old May 30, 2010, 7:32 am
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP IC AMBASSADOR/DIAMOND Tk/ELITE (*G), JumeirahONE Gold
9W - DEL to LHR

Thx to Unite and British airways I am flying 9w to LHR out DEL. As this is going to be my first international (In this trip I flew them from BOM to GOA) trip on 9W (Class of Travel J). I was wondering what is the service like and also if there is fast track on arrival at LHR.

Thx
Old May 30, 2010, 1:51 pm

Programs: CX DM, BA G4L, QR PLT, EK PLT, Hyatt CourtesyC, HH DM, SQ PPS, BonvoyTit, UK, VS, UA, DL, AA
Hi Palermo,

yes there is a fast track on arrival at LHR in T3. Sometimes crew forget to hand out passes so make sure you request for you.
Service out of DEL is not as good as ex BOM, but still surpasses BA and is much more customer friendly. Meals are actually plated rather than a single casserole and winelist is often better. The seat is great and they actually carry bedding and a duvet to help you sleep better. Entertainment is more bollywood focussed but no chance of not getting AVOD as all longhaul aircraft are equipped. If you aren't flying on a Tues/Weds you'll have a 77W otherwise a 332. Personally, I prefer the 332 in Business/Premiere in a 1-1-1 layout, as there is no first class so the IFS is in charge of service and the experience is usually very good.
You won't be disappointed. 9W is a little rough around the edges and crew lack the experience of BA, which I find more problematic on a night flight but since DEL-LHR is a day time departure you'll probably enjoy your experience and may even convert to a 9W flyer.... let me know how it goes.
Old May 30, 2010, 7:46 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by avm2806
Hi Palermo,

yes there is a fast track on arrival at LHR in T3. Sometimes crew forget to hand out passes so make sure you request for you.
Service out of DEL is not as good as ex BOM, but still surpasses BA and is much more customer friendly. Meals are actually plated rather than a single casserole and winelist is often better. The seat is great and they actually carry bedding and a duvet to help you sleep better. Entertainment is more bollywood focussed but no chance of not getting AVOD as all longhaul aircraft are equipped. If you aren't flying on a Tues/Weds you'll have a 77W otherwise a 332. Personally, I prefer the 332 in Business/Premiere in a 1-1-1 layout, as there is no first class so the IFS is in charge of service and the experience is usually very good.
You won't be disappointed. 9W is a little rough around the edges and crew lack the experience of BA, which I find more problematic on a night flight but since DEL-LHR is a day time departure you'll probably enjoy your experience and may even convert to a 9W flyer.... let me know how it goes.
Thanks for the very informative reply. Good to hear they are good. I am flying on Monday so the plane would be a 777.
My flight to BOM with BA in F with reduced service was terrible so I look forward to trying 9W.
Do you know what lounge they use in DEL? Is it good?
Old May 31, 2010, 1:29 am

Location: AA Lifetime PLT , BA Silver , BD RIP , HH Gold, SPG / Marriott PLT , EF Subscriber
Originally Posted by avm2806
Hi Palermo,

Jet Arrives at T4..No Fastrack but at 1830 in T4 you should not need it unless BOM flight gets in late a few minutes before DEL.
Old May 31, 2010, 7:37 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, EY Gold, HH Diamond, IHG Plat
Originally Posted by UncleDude
Jet Arrives at T4..No Fastrack but at 1830 in T4 you should not need it unless BOM flight gets in late a few minutes before DEL.
If you mean the immigration fast track card? If so you get that at T4 too.
Old Jun 2, 2010, 11:19 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by lallyr
If you mean the immigration fast track card? If so you get that at T4 too.
very true....
Old Jun 10, 2010, 4:44 am
Original Poster

Thanks you all for the feedback.

I finally flew DEL LHR with 9W. Overall impression was very good. Hard product is fantastic (I loved the seat, toilets and the general state of the cabin)

A lot better than the old F cabin and defo a better product than Club.

Service was good with some room for improvement.

Not too overly impressed by the food. No western choices were available (I like Indian food but after 3 weeks my stomach was craving for some pasta or beef). Second meal (I got the chicken sandwich) was very small.

Also, the lounge and the airport were not that bad. I had read terrible thing in FF.

In summary, I would definetely fly again in 9W and I will choose them over BA in this route.

Fast track on arrival to LHR.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.