Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > India-Based Airlines
Reload this Page >

HSBC Premier / Jet Airways status bump

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 25, 2010, 10:03 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA

Jet are offering HSBC India Premier account holders a free one-off bump from Blue/Blue+ to Silver or Silver to Gold if you fill in a form before the end of May.

The terms and conditions originally said HSBC Premier without reference to a particular country but after I (and presumably others) tried to sign up with a UK account, the terms have been changed to HSBC India only.

HSBC Premier India / Jet status bump offer
Old Feb 25, 2010, 11:52 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Wonder why...in any case, one cannot hope for lifetime upgrade with this offer, so it is bound to come up for renewal...do they offer upgrade vouchers for the bump up to silver/gold?
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Wonder why...in any case, one cannot hope for lifetime upgrade with this offer, so it is bound to come up for renewal...do they offer upgrade vouchers for the bump up to silver/gold?
jet has recently changed their policy....for example, if you lose plat status then then bump you down to gold, but if you have not met the gold requirements as well for the year then you don't get the vouchers for being gold....
Old Feb 26, 2010, 7:22 am

Programs: UA*G (1K again), Sixt Plat, *was*: SQ QPP01 & SK EBS/EBG, LH SEN, AA EXP, 9wPlat
Originally Posted by saad
jet has recently changed their policy....for example, if you lose plat status then then bump you down to gold, but if you have not met the gold requirements as well for the year then you don't get the vouchers for being gold....
That sucks - but I guess it makes sense...
Old Feb 26, 2010, 10:32 am

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by saad
Yes, this happened with their program revamp in November last year. So this HSBC deal is basically effective for only one year, I suppose
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:33 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Yes, this happened with their program revamp in November last year. So this HSBC deal is basically effective for only one year, I suppose
exactly....good for people starting out with jp....
Old Feb 26, 2010, 2:42 pm

Could you direct me to the spot where it says this offer is only for those with an India-based HSBC Premier account? I can't seem to find that clause.
Old Feb 28, 2010, 11:34 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA
Originally Posted by yyzvoyageur
Could you direct me to the spot where it says this offer is only for those with an India-based HSBC Premier account? I can't seem to find that clause.
Here

I applied with both my UK and US accounts and have had no reply, nor has my status been upgraded.
Old May 28, 2010, 12:51 pm

Programs: M&M FTL, A-Club Platinum, HH Gold, FB Silver, PC Platinum, Club Carlson Gold, BW Rewards Diamond
Originally Posted by baggageinhall
Jet are offering HSBC India Premier account holders a free one-off bump from Blue/Blue+ to Silver or Silver to Gold if you fill in a form before the end of May.

The terms and conditions originally said HSBC Premier without reference to a particular country but after I (and presumably others) tried to sign up with a UK account, the terms have been changed to HSBC India only.

HSBC Premier India / Jet status bump offer
if anyone succeeded?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.