Wiki Posts
Search

Mumbai airport transfer question

Search this Thread

Old Dec 30, 2009, 8:07 am
Original Poster

Mumbai airport transfer question

Hi,
I have Continental to Kingfisher connection in Mumbai (EWR-BOM-COK). I believe i have to do customs and transfer from Mumbai Intl airport to Domestic airport.
Will there be kingfisher bus service to use?. Any other comments please.
Thanks.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:44 am

Programs: AA Exp- 4MM; UA 1K; BA Gold; 9W Plat; SPG Plat; Hilton Diamond; LH FT; DL Gold
Inter terminal transfer for CO to IT in BOM

If you keep your printed itinerary of the next flight and the boarding pass of the arriving flight, you can use the inter terminal bus. This is not a special bus operated by a specific airline (such as Kingfisher/IT or CO) but one runby the airport operator. Collect your bags and go through customs first before looking for the inter terminal bus.

Please note that this is NOT airside transfer. You will need to checkin and go through security all over again.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 9:50 pm

after you pass through customs, make sure you dont follow the direction that stupid guard is pointing everyone towards airport exit regardless of where they need to go.....
Right after u get out of the customs, make sure you look for the connection flights sign or something to that effect..

and like the earlier post says, make sure you keep a printed intinerary of your connection flight.
Old Dec 31, 2009, 10:05 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Did the conxn yesterday !

Pick up baggage from the carousel, then on your right will be the customs channels. As soon as you clear customs, you either turn right towards the exit, or turn left towards the connections / transfer desk - you can check in your luggage to your domestic destination and also get your boarding pass here. Transfer is air-side technically, but they will drop you off at the city-side entrance @ Domestic terminal.

Advice for smokers - there is no smoking area on arrival, so:

a - if you are desperate for a cig, you can always exit the international airport, and then find your own way (with your baggage) to the domestic terminal by taxi or some such.

b - if you are not THAT desperate for a cig, take the transfer coach, and then you head to the car park @ Domestic terminal and catch a smoke.
Old Jan 18, 2010, 7:08 pm
Original Poster

Thanks all
Old Jan 19, 2010, 10:39 pm

Programs: Air Canada Aeroplan, Airmiles, Starwood Preferred Guest
Smile how much time?

Do you need to leave between arriving via International flight to a domestic flight? I am arriving in Mumbai at 9 am in the morning and trying to decide which flight to take to Jaipur. There is one at 11:15 (for $100 CAD) or should I give myself more time and take the more expensive 2:20 flight??

Just joined FlyerTalk... all this info is great!

Cheers
Old Jan 20, 2010, 2:33 am

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Originally Posted by Corinne!
Do you need to leave between arriving via International flight to a domestic flight? I am arriving in Mumbai at 9 am in the morning and trying to decide which flight to take to Jaipur. There is one at 11:15 (for $100 CAD) or should I give myself more time and take the more expensive 2:20 flight??

Cheers
2 hours is not enough for changing terminals, clearing immigration, etc. IMO It will be very close (too close) if you don't have checked bags. If you have checked bags, you will most likely miss the flight.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 6:10 am

Programs: Don't think it matters...
Originally Posted by Corinne!

Cheers
I have take domestic connections within 2 hrs of arriving in BOM and DEL both.. if u r uick, u can make these in a normal situation ( I always made it during the mornings) unless we have a peak hrs in the interational terminal (which is normally from 10PM - 3AM)... but yeah.. if the fare difference between the 11:15 and 2:20 is not much.. u can take 2:20..if fare difference is big.. then be quick and u shd make it..
Old Jan 20, 2010, 7:23 am

Transfer from CO to IT at Mumbai and vice versa

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
Pick up baggage from the carousel, then on your right will be the customs channels. As soon as you clear customs, you either turn right towards the exit, or turn left towards the connections / transfer desk - you can check in your luggage to your domestic destination and also get your boarding pass here. Transfer is air-side technically, but they will drop you off at the city-side entrance @ Domestic terminal.

Advice for smokers - there is no smoking area on arrival, so:

a - if you are desperate for a cig, you can always exit the international airport, and then find your own way (with your baggage) to the domestic terminal by taxi or some such.

b - if you are not THAT desperate for a cig, take the transfer coach, and then you head to the car park @ Domestic terminal and catch a smoke.
Did you transfer from CO to IT? I have heard that only Jet Airways has a transfer desk?

Also, I reach Mumbai at 9pm by CO and am taking the 6:50AM Kingfisher flight to BLR. Are we allowed to spend the night (say from 11:30pm onwards) at the Domestic airport? I heard there let people in only 3-4 hrs prior to departure.
Old Jan 20, 2010, 8:39 pm

Programs: 9W Plat, Flying Blue Elite, HHonors Gold, Accor Le Club Plat
Originally Posted by NewTrainTraveller
Did you transfer from CO to IT? I have heard that only Jet Airways has a transfer desk?

Also, I reach Mumbai at 9pm by CO and am taking the 6:50AM Kingfisher flight to BLR. Are we allowed to spend the night (say from 11:30pm onwards) at the Domestic airport? I heard there let people in only 3-4 hrs prior to departure.
IT has a transfer desk too, at the international arrivals, after baggage claim and customs. The transit bus goes to the domestic terminal airside, but will drop you off cityside, which means you need to pass through the airport entry gates like any other pax would. Agree, they don't normally let in people too early, but a bit of pleading and a nice guard normally ensure you can get into the terminal building. IF that happens, you can then always use the lounge to relax. It might be better for you to book a room at one of the hundred odd hotels close to the airport, but with your given timings of arrival and departure, you may think later on that the overnight stay wasn't worth it. But what the heck, at least that way, you get to sleep !
Old Jan 21, 2010, 5:15 am

Originally Posted by aniruddh77
IT has a transfer desk too, at the international arrivals, after baggage claim and customs. The transit bus goes to the domestic terminal airside, but will drop you off cityside, which means you need to pass through the airport entry gates like any other pax would. Agree, they don't normally let in people too early, but a bit of pleading and a nice guard normally ensure you can get into the terminal building. IF that happens, you can then always use the lounge to relax. It might be better for you to book a room at one of the hundred odd hotels close to the airport, but with your given timings of arrival and departure, you may think later on that the overnight stay wasn't worth it. But what the heck, at least that way, you get to sleep !
Thanks for the information. That is helpful.

Do you have any idea on the BLR-BOM-EWR connection. I have a single PNR ticket - which means I am assuming Kingfisher will do my baggage check all the way to EWR. Do they do the transfer of baggage to the International terminal from Domestic? Thanks.
Old Feb 1, 2010, 1:01 pm

Thanks for the information. That is helpful.

Do you have any idea on the BLR-BOM-EWR connection. I have a single PNR ticket - which means I am assuming Kingfisher will do my baggage check all the way to EWR. Do they do the transfer of baggage to the International terminal from Domestic? Thanks.
Kingfisher will not transfer your baggage in BOM.
You have to pick up from domestic belts and haul it to the bus and check them in when you check in for EWR at international terminal.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 2:13 pm

heard that only Jet Airways has a transfer desk?

prior to departure.
\

the Transfer check both Jet and Kingfisher at the international are closed. after custom is done, you will need to pickup the bags and go catch the coach that will take you to domestic terminal.
Old Dec 13, 2011, 10:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium, IHG Plat, HH Gold, Trident Plat, DL Diamond, AI Maharajah
Originally Posted by awesome75
\

the Transfer check both Jet and Kingfisher at the international are closed. after custom is done, you will need to pickup the bags and go catch the coach that will take you to domestic terminal.
you posted this in another thread as well....my question however is whether this is permanent or temporary????
Old Jan 16, 2012, 1:46 pm

Programs: Support the Tyrants Travel Club
Any update on the transfer desk situation at BOM?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.