Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Independence Air Company Store

Search this Thread

Old Jan 6, 2006, 9:28 pm

Originally Posted by Annandaler
I got lucky - I was in the A/B Concourses about 1pm and went over to A6 to see what was happening. The hats and bumper stickers were being given away (limit of 6 on the hats and all you could carry on the stickers). There were hundreds of DH crew and staff buying stuff, hugging-and-crying, taking pictures. Very emotional, obviously...

Don't they realize they can fetch a nice sum for it on eBay?
Old Jan 7, 2006, 12:41 pm

Programs: UA 1K, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Platinum
Originally Posted by ClimbGuy
Don't they realize they can fetch a nice sum for it on eBay?
That's probably their plan.
Old Jan 7, 2006, 2:13 pm

Jet Trucks

Speaking of company store sales and auctions, I've heard that the jet trucks are likely to be auctioned. Not sure at what date and time this will happen, but I know from the thread below there are some interested parties.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505445
Old Jan 7, 2006, 3:40 pm

The real question is, who wouldn't want a jet truck?

Originally Posted by Cohiba
Speaking of company store sales and auctions, I've heard that the jet trucks are likely to be auctioned. Not sure at what date and time this will happen, but I know from the thread below there are some interested parties.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=505445
Old Jan 7, 2006, 4:10 pm

The real question is, who wouldn't want a jet truck?
Indeed. I'm very interested to see what the final bids will be for those. There are 18 (originally 20).

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:15 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
I was employed in ACA-Indy for 5 years. I have been collecting stuff all this time. Stuff you normally dont see. HeHe......In 5 years it should be worth something.... but right now if you go on Ebay. Everyone and their mother has something and wants to sell sooo I am waiting to sell stuff

Last edited by Flyiboy; Jan 10, 2006 at 8:21 am
Old Jan 10, 2006, 8:43 am

Indeed. I'm very interested to see what the final bids will be for those. There are 18 (originally 20).

Cheers.
Actually, the company is still in posession of 19 trucks and all 20 tails. However, one truck is not drivable and at time of shutdown was waiting for transport to IAD for maintainence.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 9:08 am

Programs: MR Gold, *wood Gold, HHonors Silver, UA 1K
Talking I think I need that extra tail!

The stray tail would make a great lawn ornament. The neighbors would love it .

Seriously, I miss seeing them around town!
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:41 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA Gold AAdvantage Elite, Rapids Reward
Can anyone if you know about DH will be gone with concourse A/B at IAD? Which airlines will be taken over at old concourse A/B? I'm sure about Jetblue will expand more some new routes at IAD will taken over at concourse A or B.

But, I don't normally fly on Independence Air very often. I dislike that airlines for flying from IAD hub. When I saw DH were there some airport at ATL, TPA & LAS. It was very comfortable the CRJ-200 aircraft.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:17 pm

Originally Posted by flygirl2004
Actually, the company is still in posession of 19 trucks and all 20 tails. However, one truck is not drivable and at time of shutdown was waiting for transport to IAD for maintainence.
Yes, but I figured no one would be interested in a truck not fit to drive. I guess, I could be wrong...

Cheers.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 3:26 pm

anyone seen the photo of people having sex on the jet truck? I cant figure out how to post it here

Yes, but I figured no one would be interested in a truck not fit to drive. I guess, I could be wrong...

Cheers.

Last edited by ClimbGuy; Jan 10, 2006 at 3:35 pm
Old Jan 10, 2006, 10:29 pm

Programs: Chase Million Miler, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Platinum
anyone seen the photo of people having sex on the jet truck? I cant figure out how to post it here
Probably a good thing, as it would be a viloation of FT's TOS I'm sure.
Old Jan 10, 2006, 11:36 pm

i should of brought it up as a public service annoucment. If anyone plans on buying a jettruck find out which one was used as a 'bed' and dont buy it.

Originally Posted by DHAST
Probably a good thing, as it would be a viloation of FT's TOS I'm sure.
Old Jan 20, 2006, 8:40 am

Programs: Marriott Gold, HH Gold, AA Gold, UA3P, DL proletariat, proud Costco Executive member
Went to FedEx at IAD last night and saw all the DH ground equipment -- baggage carts and loaders, etc. -- and FlyI trucks all in a lot near the Dulles Exxon. Drove down to HQ, and the sign is still lit, with many RJs parked near the hangar. When I flew in on Wednesday, there were still many clustered around terminal A. Sad.
Old Jan 21, 2006, 9:33 am

Programs: SPG GOLD / BA GOLD/Club Carlson Gold/AMEX Plat.
Originally Posted by N830MH
Can anyone if you know about DH will be gone with concourse A/B at IAD? Which airlines will be taken over at old concourse A/B? I'm sure about Jetblue will expand more some new routes at IAD will taken over at concourse A or B.

But, I don't normally fly on Independence Air very often. I dislike that airlines for flying from IAD hub. When I saw DH were there some airport at ATL, TPA & LAS. It was very comfortable the CRJ-200 aircraft.
From my sources.. Terminal A is being sought out by UAL and the B concourse JetBlue has taken over our old gates. My opinion is that JetBlue will take over A concourse because its closer to them in B plus they are using the 190's now to BOS....Let see.
David
Former CP admin

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.