Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Availability ? on Website

Search this Thread

Old May 20, 2005, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Programs: United Silver
Seat Availability ? on Website

An upcoming flight of mine is not listed anymore. I assume that means the flight is sold out and is not available for reservations anymore. Yet, when I go in and try to change my seat, it gives me a choice of about 8 seats that are unoccupied to switch. Why would this be happening?..Curious....
Old May 20, 2005, 10:04 am

Programs: iclub
Originally Posted by David10225
An upcoming flight of mine is not listed anymore. I assume that means the flight is sold out and is not available for reservations anymore. Yet, when I go in and try to change my seat, it gives me a choice of about 8 seats that are unoccupied to switch. Why would this be happening?..Curious....
yes, that is true. once a flight sells out it is no longer listed as an available flight. However, some people do not choose a seat when they make a reservation. on a full CRJ (50 pax) we usually run into about 20% of the passngers without pre-assigned seats. Row 1 and Row 2 are blocked for pax with disabilities until all other seats have been assigned. i hope this clears things up a little bit.
Old Jun 8, 2005, 7:14 pm

Programs: V-Flyer Black
Indy does not over sell flights. Once the flight is full, it no long it displayed unless a pass. on that flight changes there reservation.

pimp
Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:25 am

That's great you can pick your own seats when you book your flight though! I love when airlines let you do that. I've travelled with other airlines where you can't even pick your seat or change it until you check in for your flight, which is so annoying b/c then you can't sit next to a friend. Can you chose the exit row as well on Flyi flights?
Old Jun 10, 2005, 10:27 am

Originally Posted by chicka12
That's great you can pick your own seats when you book your flight though! I love when airlines let you do that. I've travelled with other airlines where you can't even pick your seat or change it until you check in for your flight, which is so annoying b/c then you can't sit next to a friend. Can you chose the exit row as well on Flyi flights?
Yes you can! But obviously if you try to book someone there who doesn't meet the requirements (usually b/c of age), the flight attendant will reseat you.
Old Jun 12, 2005, 11:01 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I think the design of the oxygen masks requires lap children to sit on a specific side of the plane as well, though admittedly that's not something that comes up all that often. I know the Embraer RJs with 1-2 seating (which are not what DH flies, I know) have that, and I'd think they'd save putting in the third oxygen generator on both sides for CanadaAir RJs and just require lap children to sit on one specific side of the plane.

I don't know why, but I've had incidents where I selected seats and all the Exit rows were marked as occupied, and then they magically appeared as available several weeks later. I'm not sure exactly what the timeframes and procedures are there to make those seats available for booking.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.