Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Discontinued Programs/Partners > Independence Air iClub
Reload this Page >

Happy Bags coupon code for $40+ on RT

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Happy Bags coupon code for $40+ on RT

Search this Thread

Old May 23, 2005, 9:15 pm

Programs: UA Premier, AA, DL, HA, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by viveque
Just so that you know - I landed at DC and couldn't find a happy bags coupon attached to mu luggage. Went to the DH guy handling the luggaages and told him my problem. He smiled and said I am sorry about that and took out a stack and asked me to pick one from it. I asked him if I can take two and he said, go right ahead. This from an employee working for Independence airline. This does mean that everybody working in Flyi doesnt care as much about the codes as you do ... He literally gave two away and did not ask for any proof that I even travelled by DH.
Kudos for doing the "right" thing. But you posted the original message and because you had a change of heart, you most likely will be responsible for someone being booted off a flight (which Independence Air technically can't do by the way because if you have a confirmed seat and you paid for the ticket, regardless of what you paid and regardless if the airline had an internal error) you still may have caused some people some grief. I'd suggest looking deep down inside before making a choice to post an error like this in the future. You'd save yourself and the rest of us a lot of drama. Though I'm sure you like to bargain hunt and if you found a fare to Europe for $0.00 you'd certainly buy it. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Sorry, no offense, but you shouldn't be posting to FT.
Old May 24, 2005, 6:46 am

Originally Posted by dcpaul
Kudos for doing the "right" thing. But you posted the original message and because you had a change of heart, you most likely will be responsible for someone being booted off a flight (which Independence Air technically can't do by the way because if you have a confirmed seat and you paid for the ticket, regardless of what you paid and regardless if the airline had an internal error)
Actually they can remove a passenger or cancel their reservation if a fare or discount was obtained fradulently. I have included below the part of the contract of carriage that covers this. For anyone who prefers to read the whole thing, it can be found at http://www.flyi.com/images/tools/coc.pdf.

5. REFUSAL TO TRANSPORT-REVISION 5
B. Independence Air will not accept the following customers:
17. Customers who at any time may hold or have held reservations or claim or
have claimed eligibility for fares or fare discounts that were improperly or
fraudulently obtained and customers who advise others how to so improperly
or fraudulently obtain reservations or access to fares and fare discounts to
which customers are not entitled.

Also, i don't think that by posting on here, she is RESPONSIBLE for these people's actions. While it may have made them aware of the possibility, they also knew it was wrong and made the choice on their own to take advantage of the situation. That's whats wrong with people today...they don't take responsibility for their actions. We are not puppets of other people...these choices are made on a personal level. Ok, i'm getting of my soapbox now.
Old May 24, 2005, 7:51 am

Kudos for doing the "right" thing. But you posted the original message and because you had a change of heart, you most likely will be responsible for someone being booted off a flight (which Independence Air technically can't do by the way because if you have a confirmed seat and you paid for the ticket, regardless of what you paid and regardless if the airline had an internal error) you still may have caused some people some grief. I'd suggest looking deep down inside before making a choice to post an error like this in the future. You'd save yourself and the rest of us a lot of drama. Though I'm sure you like to bargain hunt and if you found a fare to Europe for $0.00 you'd certainly buy it. Sounds a bit hypocritical to me. Sorry, no offense, but you shouldn't be posting to FT.
Isn't most of Flyertalk devoted to finding good deals - especially ones that slipped through the airlines cracks.

It seems unlikely that this would cause people some grief - in fact it may have actually reduced grief that would be caused. There are plenty of Indy employees on the board, and by posting the airline was allerted to an easily observable flaw in their promotion. The OP helped them to be able to catch this earlier and be able to reduce problems that others may encounter.
Old May 24, 2005, 9:11 am

Programs: Delta SkyMiles
Lightbulb Shall we start prepping the guillotine for the OP?

Hey DCPAUL....two words from a newbie here:

"LIGHTEN UP"

Good grief.
Old May 24, 2005, 2:59 pm

Programs: UA Premier, AA, DL, HA, SPG Plat, Marriott Silver
Originally Posted by tavernizer

"LIGHTEN UP"

Good grief.
First of all, if you are going to take the initiative to post a "good deal" or an airline error that you happened to stumble upon, and then later you feel guilty for posting it, fair enough.

But, my point was that before posting things like this, just make sure that you have accurate info and that you aren't going to "take back" what you did. It just seems very hypocritical to me. Has nothing to do with lightening up.

And thank you, original poster for taking the time to find it in your heart to feel guilty. We need more people like you, really we do. And even better, you were able to go to I's website and find the contract. I applaud your efforts!
Old May 28, 2005, 7:52 pm

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
Changing the subject a little bit, but staying on the Happy Bags promotion...

To go and do this legitimately, the rules of the Happy Bags promotion allow you to send in up to two SASE per household and get a "game piece". Since every game piece is either a $20 off or a free r/t, is there any negative to following the rules to get the two game pieces for $1.48 in stamps and use those to book my future tickets on Independence? Is there someone else one can win other than $20 off or a free r/t?

For the $20 off coupons, when do they have to be used by/flown by?
Old May 31, 2005, 11:21 am

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
On a related note, anyone know how long it taks Indy to fulfill the requests for game pieces by mail? I sent them a SASE in early May.
Old May 31, 2005, 1:06 pm

Programs: Amtrak Select Plus, Marriott Platinum, Marriott Lifetime Gold, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
On a related note, anyone know how long it taks Indy to fulfill the requests for game pieces by mail? I sent them a SASE in early May.
Sent mine right after the announcement of the promotion...still nothing.
Old Jun 1, 2005, 12:24 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
It's probably a third-party doing fulfillment and they haven't gotten their stack of game pieces to mail out or they're waiting to do a whole bunch at once. I've seen that happen with some other third-party fulfillment vendors.
Old Jun 2, 2005, 10:18 am

Programs: Marriott Silver, Hilton Silver, Hertz #1 Gold, Avis Preferred
Do you HAVE to check bags in order to get the $20 off? And do you get $20 per passenger, per leg?
Old Jun 2, 2005, 1:02 pm

Yes from what I have read, you do have to check in bags to receive the $20 off. It's a game piece that they attach to your bag in route. And I believe you get one game piece per bag when you collect your bag at your destination...
Old Jun 6, 2005, 11:31 am

Programs: AA
Pieces recieved!

I just recieved my happy bags pieces today. I sent in the request the same night I saw the promotion on these boards; I requested, and received 2 pieces, both for discounts. I live in central NY. Thanks to all on these boards!
Old Jun 6, 2005, 12:06 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: AA Plat 2MM, MR Gold, Avis Pref
i'd say

take a "chill pill" DCpaul

Originally Posted by tavernizer

"LIGHTEN UP"

Good grief.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.