Wiki Posts
Search

Food on Airbus routes

Search this Thread

Old Mar 9, 2005, 7:23 am
Original Poster

Programs: SPG Gold, Hyatt Plat, UA Premier, Hilton Gold
Food on Airbus routes

Anyone know if DH will be selling meals on the West Coast flights (and LAS) or will they serve the same snacks as they do on CRJ flights?
Old Mar 9, 2005, 9:02 am

Programs: iClub
Originally Posted by yevlesh2
Anyone know if DH will be selling meals on the West Coast flights (and LAS) or will they serve the same snacks as they do on CRJ flights?
No they are not selling food on board, pack accordingly. They are doing almost the exact same service as Jetblue: 2 snack services. First your choice of chips, cookies, breakfast bar, pretzels and a drink. Then small boxed lunch with chips, crackers/cheese, raisins, chocolate, mints and a drink. I know they wanted too have celebrity chef prepared meals etc, but too many people supported those UAL Express flights in the beginning. Now, there isn't enough cash to buy the tvs or pay the chef.

BBB
Old Mar 9, 2005, 10:53 am

Programs: TSA/INS/FBI Platinum (stopped last 12 of 13 int'l returns - the computer broke once)
I've got one this afternoon to LAS (on my way to an FT Do) and I'll see if anything's changed or if they have any comments about service they plan to have when the other west coast flights get going.
Old Mar 9, 2005, 12:35 pm

Programs: Priority Club Rewards, AirTran A+ Rewards, Delta SkyMiles, Marriott Rewards
Originally Posted by BigBeerBelly
Now, there isn't enough cash to buy the tvs or pay the chef. BBB
The rumor is tha they will be test marketing personal entertainment systems (I assume they are some sort of portable DVD / playback system) loaded with TV and with movies this month on some of the LAS flights and will have the final product ready for the coast to coast transcons.
Old Mar 10, 2005, 1:38 pm

That's cool if they are test marketing it. A movie is always good when you have a long flight. I'm interested in hearing about these new flights to LAS. Please share your experience when you get back!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.