Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Please Share iDine Bonuses [2005 - 2016]

Search this Thread

Old Aug 24, 2012, 11:21 pm

Programs: AA, AS, AV, B6, DL, F9, WN
Originally Posted by Firewind
The complication I've run into when jumping around has been that each jump (not just each circle back to a program I've previously steered miles to) has required a new email address. Actually, the challenge is keeping track of the addresses I've used.

Now, if only my disuse - due to the paltry returns and that I've had other means of keeping dormant accounts live - would pop one of these offers.
Are you saying that you need to have a different email address for several RN programs? I have have RN accounts with AA, DL and US. I have always used the same email account for all 3 accounts.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:09 am

Location: SoCal; DO-RAGS: Old Gold tagged, PIP, LatPass 1/2, AA 4MM, HH LT Diamond, Marriott Titanium/LT Plat, Omni
Originally Posted by sdsearch
....(The world is full of situations where you only get offered something if you act like you don't need it, and you never got offered it if you act like you do need it. The trick, of course, is to figure out how to seem like you don't need it, to the people capable of making such an offer, even if you do need it.)

MP VIP Member
Miles Year To Date: 5

One Bite at a Time Bonus
Earn 300 bonus award miles for every $100 you spend dining.

Alaska Online Member
Miles Year To Date: 27

One Bite at a Time Bonus
Earn 300 bonus award miles for every $100 you spend dining.

You may have stumbled upon a core component of human nature, and you really should write a book about dating.

Sure, in both programs that I only use periodically to keep miles from expiring, I am bonused. But, since miles in Alaska and United aren’t as useful to me as AA, and since a 3 mile per dollar bonus, assuming one hits the $100 threshold exactly, isn’t enough to get me to change my patterns, I’d rather curse the darkness than light a candle.

Your point is, however,….well taken.
Old Aug 25, 2012, 8:54 am

Programs: UA 2MM, AA 600k, DL 500k, Hyatt GP 1M, HH Gold, Rad. Gold, CP Gold, Miracle Fruit-su Club
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
Are you saying that you need to have a different email address for several RN programs? I have have RN accounts with AA, DL and US. I have always used the same email account for all 3 accounts.
Yes. It's been a while, but the system wouldn't let me open a "new" account -- peanuts (miles) would revert to the current one that I intended to leave. Put another way, I had to change everything to open a new one. I've just figured it was to save RN money in not having to keep shelling out the joining bonus amounts to persons such as myself. If there's another workaround, I'll play the game again to do some topping off. Otherwise, it's why you don't see me here much anymore. (Also because OpenTable's 1,000 point tables are so much more lucrative. I digress.)
Old Aug 25, 2012, 6:39 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Jailer
Sure, in both programs that I only use periodically to keep miles from expiring, I am bonused. But, since miles in Alaska and United aren’t as useful to me as AA, and since a 3 mile per dollar bonus, assuming one hits the $100 threshold exactly, isn’t enough to get me to change my patterns, I’d rather curse the darkness than light a candle.
I find UA useful because (a) these days all too often AA doesn't have award availability when UA does, and (b) *A takes me to some places (like ASU and BGO for the fjords in western Norway) that OW does not (unless I want to drive all day, or even longer, from OSL). The latter point would apply even if AA stops being as stingy with award flights as they've been the last year or so.

AS can be used to book AA flights, and even flights on some AA partners!
Old Aug 30, 2012, 8:22 am

Programs: PC: Platinum, DL: PM, National: Exec
Originally Posted by Firewind
The complication I've run into when jumping around has been that each jump (not just each circle back to a program I've previously steered miles to) has required a new email address. Actually, the challenge is keeping track of the addresses I've used.

Now, if only my disuse - due to the paltry returns and that I've had other means of keeping dormant accounts live - would pop one of these offers.
I use one gmail address for all my accounts, sorta. Gmail lets you put periods in your email address but considers your real email address the version without periods. RN sees each version differently.

Example: patrickatx@
Versions you could use that gmail will send to patrickatx@:
p.atrickatx@
pa.trickatx@
pat.rickatx@
patr.ickatx@
p.a.t.r.i.c.k.a.t.x@

etc etc etc

There are many variables. Set one up and use it many many ways and get all your emails in one place.
Old Aug 30, 2012, 10:05 pm

Glitch?

My RN accounts show the wrong rewards. For example, in my UA dining, I spent $41 and the reward was 21 miles. Another dine was $16 with only 8 miles. I'm a VIP member, so I should get 5 miles per dollar. Is anyone else encountering this type of glitch?
Old Sep 1, 2012, 1:23 am

Originally Posted by FlyerInCmh
My RN accounts show the wrong rewards. For example, in my UA dining, I spent $41 and the reward was 21 miles. Another dine was $16 with only 8 miles. I'm a VIP member, so I should get 5 miles per dollar. Is anyone else encountering this type of glitch?
I am not part of UA but all my RN accounts are fine. I would call them on Tuesday (Monday's a holiday) to inquire about the missing miles. Keep all receipts in case you need to send them a copy. Good Luck!
Old Sep 1, 2012, 8:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

It sounds like a missing zero. 5 x $1 would have been 210. 5 times $16 would have been 80. Did you try another browser type to see if's a website issue?

UA dining has no level which earns only 0.5 miles per dollar spent, so it can't because they think you're at the wrong level.
Old Sep 6, 2012, 1:19 pm

Glitch?

It sounds like a missing zero. 5 x $1 would have been 210. 5 times $16 would have been 80. Did you try another browser type to see if's a website issue?

UA dining has no level which earns only 0.5 miles per dollar spent, so it can't because they think you're at the wrong level.
I have been a VIP for as long as I can remember. I have received only 1 mile per dollar spent on my AA dining account ever since Aug.26. Anyone else having the same problem? and if so, why?
Old Sep 7, 2012, 1:11 am

Originally Posted by alvnmri
I have been a VIP for as long as I can remember. I have received only 1 mile per dollar spent on my AA dining account ever since Aug.26. Anyone else having the same problem? and if so, why?
That's sounds strange. Have you contacted AARN? If you have an online account with an email address, you should be earning five miles per dollar spent as a VIP. I would call them and ask what happened. Maybe they are having tech problems with their website?

Please let us all know what happens.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:05 am

Dear Alvnmri,
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you!
To rectify this issue, my supervisor will be sending a spam removal form to you. This form will need to be signed to authorize us to send marketing emails to the email address on file.
Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me or Member Services by calling 1-800-479-5981 from 9am to 10pm ET, Monday through Friday.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:09 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Originally Posted by Open Jaw
That's sounds strange. Have you contacted AARN? If you have an online account with an email address, you should be earning five miles per dollar spent as a VIP. I would call them and ask what happened. Maybe they are having tech problems with their website?

Please let us all know what happens.
Also, has the spend been all at the same or a limited group of locations? While it doesn't sound quite the same, some restaurants limit the monthly spending at their location for receiving full points (I usually see a cap of $1,000/mo. and 0 pts./$1 for spend in excess thereof). Also, some locations offer only reduced points for certain days of the week (again, I usually see 0 pts./$1 on Fri./Sat.). I suppose some places might reduce to 1 pt./$1 (instead of 0 pts./$1) for either of these.
Old Sep 7, 2012, 10:13 am

Programs: AA EXP, DL-Plat, WN-CP | Hotels: Choice-Gld, IHG-Plt, Rad-Gld, HH-Dia, Hyatt-Glob, Marriott-LtPlt
Dear Alvnmri,
We appreciate the opportunity to assist you!
To rectify this issue, my supervisor will be sending a spam removal form to you. This form will need to be signed to authorize us to send marketing emails to the email address on file.
Should you have any questions or concerns please feel free to contact me or Member Services by calling 1-800-479-5981 from 9am to 10pm ET, Monday through Friday.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
Had you unsubscribed from their emails or changed your email address?

Per the Membership Chart, to receive more than 1 pt./$1 spent:
You [must] elect to receive emails from the AAdvantage DiningSM program and provide a valid, deliverable email address.
Old Sep 8, 2012, 7:45 pm

I finally got a chance to call. The problem was that my email rejected their marketing messages, which I wasn't aware of. Therefore, I was downgraded to the lowest earning level (0.5 mile per dollar). I told the rep that I didn't do it on purpose and I asked the miles to be adjusted. He seemed to be irritated by my request and said I would get 5 miles going forward. He wouldn't retroactively give me the miles. So, I asked to speak to a supervisor, who was extremely nice. I explained the situation and she asked me to add their email addresses to the safe list. She then said she would give me the missing miles.

This was strange. I've used hotmail for my junk subscriptions like this. When I was trying to add their email addresses to my safe list, there were already there. So I don't know who had technical issues, Hotmail or RN. When I went to my RN accounts, the email opt-out option was checked ( not my doing). So I made sure to uncheck it.

Last edited by FlyerInCmh; Sep 8, 2012 at 7:51 pm
Old Sep 9, 2012, 11:10 am

I finally got a chance to call. The problem was that my email rejected their marketing messages, which I wasn't aware of. Therefore, I was downgraded to the lowest earning level (0.5 mile per dollar). I told the rep that I didn't do it on purpose and I asked the miles to be adjusted. He seemed to be irritated by my request and said I would get 5 miles going forward. He wouldn't retroactively give me the miles. So, I asked to speak to a supervisor, who was extremely nice. I explained the situation and she asked me to add their email addresses to the safe list. She then said she would give me the missing miles.

This was strange. I've used hotmail for my junk subscriptions like this. When I was trying to add their email addresses to my safe list, there were already there. So I don't know who had technical issues, Hotmail or RN. When I went to my RN accounts, the email opt-out option was checked ( not my doing). So I made sure to uncheck it.
I always check my junk mail box before I do anything with my emails. Even though every good email address is on my safe list, I sometimes still receive wanted emails in my junk box.

To me, missing miles are like missing money so I try to be very careful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.