Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Login for UA following merger

Search this Thread

Old Feb 1, 2012, 7:29 am
Original Poster

Login for UA following merger

First, when the merger is complete, with the airline having the UA name and most of CO's identity, can we expect the dining program to remain (since there's no CO program)?

Then, the login to MP Dining is our MileagePlus number, and we've been told that the number that will remain for the FF program itself will be the CO number. Will the dining program also make that change?
Old Feb 1, 2012, 1:30 pm
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
United has said that the back end will retain both numbers because of all the different credit card, shopping, dining, etc programs out there.

I don't know if that means you will or won't have to change your login information to the rewards network or not, but they will cross reference the accounts (assuming they can match the accounts if you did not link them already) for quite some time.

From UAInsider answering a question in the United Forum

How will this affect Mileage Plus Dining? And our Chase cards? And Mileage Plus Shopping? And all of the partner programs that are used to credit (e.g. hotel, car rental)? Will we have to change how those are mapped? Or will UA continue to monitor our old UA numbers and credit to our OP number? (Maybe notifying us to change the mapping when they see credit to those accounts?)

Hi bmvaughn, until our systems are integrated, everything will continue to work as is does today. After that, we'll handle the mapping of account numbers for quite some time. For example, if a car company sends us your Mileage Plus number for a rental you’ve made, we’ll have this mapped to your new number for earning purposes. That said, you’ll be safe to change your number with any partners as well (but, only after our transition to a single system takes place).
Old Feb 3, 2012, 9:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Continental sends me email inviting me to join UA MP Dining!

Originally Posted by rove312
First, when the merger is complete, with the airline having the UA name and most of CO's identity, can we expect the dining program to remain (since there's no CO program)?
Yes!

I have FFP accounts both with a UA (for years) and with CO (since last year, when I signed up mainly just to get a CO credit card bonus that I then transferred to my linked UA account), so I get CO emails (in addition to UA emails).

This morning I got this email from Continental Airlines, Inc titled Earn 3 Miles per Dollar with MileagePlus Dining:
Hello sdsearch,

A tasty offer from MileagePlus® Dining.

As a OnePass® member, you can now earn 3 miles per dollar at hundreds of restaurants and clubs with MileagePlus Dining. Join, then create your profile and begin earning 3 miles per dollar each time you dine at a participating restaurant.
I've been using UA dining for years, but the UA and CO dodn't have their FFP accounts linked to the point yet where CO can know what ways I'm earning UA miles.
Old Feb 3, 2012, 10:10 pm
Moderator: American AAdvantage

Programs: AA LT Plat; HH LT Diamond, Maître-plongeur des Muccis
As it is still early in the year, it could pay to dine a la CO AND add a UA bit to your dine (dessert, etc.) with another card to get VIP status as a UA diner to ma,e the transition while retaining status and miles earning.
Old Feb 5, 2012, 9:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by JDiver
As it is still early in the year, it could pay to dine a la CO AND add a UA bit to your dine (dessert, etc.) with another card to get VIP status as a UA diner to ma,e the transition while retaining status and miles earning.
Say what?

THere has been no CO dining program for several years! That's where the whole quesiton about whether UA would maintain the UA dining program after the UA/CO merge came from, because CO had dropped theirs several years ago, so everyone was wondering if the CO "no dining program" or the UA "yes, certainly a dining program" philosophy would win out as the two FFPs merged.

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/idine...0-31-08-a.html
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:23 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Thumbs down received invite to join UA Dining from CO even though I've been using UA Dining!!!

This is getting a tad moronic.

I've been using UA Dining for years, and in fact when I log into UA and look at activity it's split off as one of the categories they see I'm "already earniing miles with".

But on Friday, I received this email from Continental:

Hello sdsearch,

Earn 1,000 miles the first time you dine with MileagePlus® Dining.
Plus, earn 3 miles per dollar at hundreds of restaurants near you. Join MileagePlus Dining and watch the miles add up each time you dine at participating restaurants.

Join now

Combine two of your favorite pastimes: dining out and earning miles.

Enroll in MileagePlus Dining and create your personal profile to earn 3 miles per dollar on your restaurant and club spending. Create your personal profile and watch the miles add up.

Join now >

Earn 1,000 bonus miles.

Complete your profile today and earn 1,000 bonus award miles the next time you dine at a participating restaurant and spend $50 or more.

Of course, zero of this applies to me since I'm already a member.

I linked my CO and UA accounts half a year ago. CO will supposedly cease to exist on its own in just a couple weeks (around 3/4/2012). Why are they sending this email now without checking to see if you're already a UA member, or at least wording it with the possibility that you're already a UA member?
Old Feb 22, 2012, 11:33 am
In Memoriam

Programs: ua prem exec, Former hilton diamond
Or you could take advantage of it, join through Continental, register a card you don't have registered with United, go to dinner and collect the bonus miles.

It could apply to you if you registered with your CO number for the promotion to get the bonus.

As to why they didn't check, they are still two different systems.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.