Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Miles on below $1 dine

Search this Thread

Old Aug 20, 2011, 6:44 am
Original Poster

Miles on below $1 dine

Just wondering if it is possible to get miles on a dine below $1. I'm asking wrt United's month of miles. The restaurant offers 3 mi/$ and I'd like to get a cookie for 75c.
Old Aug 20, 2011, 9:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
IHG Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Delta - Silver; UA - Silver; HHonors - Diamond; IHG - Spire Ambassador; Marriott Bonvoy - Titanium
I've never tried it, but in theory that should yield two miles, and one dining credit towards Rewards Network elite status.
Old Aug 21, 2011, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by abcx
Just wondering if it is possible to get miles on a dine below $1. I'm asking wrt United's month of miles. The restaurant offers 3 mi/$ and I'd like to get a cookie for 75c.
Double check the T&C of your United' Months of miles! Mine definitely says that only transactions of $10 or more earch count toward Months Of Miles bonuses.
"8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer."
Until I see wording from UA that says they don't mean "retail partners" to include dining, I'll assume it includes dining.

So I would think that not even a $6 sandwich would work toward Months of Miles.

So it's two separate questions. The answer above was by someone not talking specifically about Months of Miles, and only about RN's dining program itself. The 75c dine (probably a bit more with tax ) should work toward your dining program status as long as the restaurants allows you to charge that little. (In fact, even a dine of 35c should work, as at 3 miles per dollar, you get 1 mile for each 1/3 of a dollar presumably, just like at 5 miles per dollar, you get 1 miles for each 20 cents.)
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:54 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Double check the T&C of your United' Months of miles! Mine definitely says that only transactions of $10 or more earch count toward Months Of Miles bonuses.
"8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer."
Until I see wording from UA that says they don't mean "retail partners" to include dining, I'll assume it includes dining.

So I would think that not even a $6 sandwich would work toward Months of Miles.

So it's two separate questions. The answer above was by someone not talking specifically about Months of Miles, and only about RN's dining program itself. The 75c dine (probably a bit more with tax ) should work toward your dining program status as long as the restaurants allows you to charge that little. (In fact, even a dine of 35c should work, as at 3 miles per dollar, you get 1 mile for each 1/3 of a dollar presumably, just like at 5 miles per dollar, you get 1 miles for each 20 cents.)
See the thread in the UA forum - it says there's no minimum on dining according to UA. I've also asked them to confirm the same.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.