FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Miles on below $1 dine
View Single Post
Old Aug 21, 2011, 6:54 pm
abcx

Originally Posted by sdsearch
Double check the T&C of your United' Months of miles! Mine definitely says that only transactions of $10 or more earch count toward Months Of Miles bonuses.
"8. Retail partner transactions must meet a $10 minimum product value (exclusive of taxes and/or shipping and handling fees) in order to qualify for this offer."
Until I see wording from UA that says they don't mean "retail partners" to include dining, I'll assume it includes dining.

So I would think that not even a $6 sandwich would work toward Months of Miles.

So it's two separate questions. The answer above was by someone not talking specifically about Months of Miles, and only about RN's dining program itself. The 75c dine (probably a bit more with tax ) should work toward your dining program status as long as the restaurants allows you to charge that little. (In fact, even a dine of 35c should work, as at 3 miles per dollar, you get 1 mile for each 1/3 of a dollar presumably, just like at 5 miles per dollar, you get 1 miles for each 20 cents.)
See the thread in the UA forum - it says there's no minimum on dining according to UA. I've also asked them to confirm the same.