Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IB general withdrewal from domestic/European routes

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB general withdrewal from domestic/European routes

Search this Thread

Old Feb 15, 2007, 3:30 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB Platinum, LH FF, JK Gold, FB Plat, PC Plat/IC Amb, Hertz #1 PC
Thumbs down IB general withdrewal from domestic/European routes

Well, just a comment about IB's routes, slots and planes being tranferred to their Low Cost ClickAir.

IMHO all those customers which have been loyals to IB during all this time will suffer the "new times" flying on too much desificate planes,(new seats provided more space for more rows...but Business Class has a better legroom now^ ) no seat assignement, no service at all, high fares instead Low Cost rules like they proclame and a progresive reduction on most domestic and European routes. Also only one long houl service will be open , MAD-Boston

Is just me or does anybody from this forum share these points??
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:38 am

As far as I can see this affects mainly the flights out of BCN; MAD isn’t even shown on the Clickair destinations map. Anyone flying into Madrid and connecting towards other destinations in Spain/Europe shouldn’t be affected.

Anyway, service on Iberia Economy within Europe was already non-existing. I guess the “no seat assignment” was the only thing they could find to differentiate between Iberia and Clickair…

I don’t understand your remark about the MAD-BOS flight…
Old Feb 15, 2007, 7:17 am

Programs: SNBA Privilege Blue, FB Ivory, M&M basic
My goodness, in all fairness. The only difference for the vast majority of travellers, those of us in economy, between Iberia and low cost Clickair may be that finally we will be able to find just that... low fares.

Ever since Iberia got rid of all inflight service and food I could not see any difference anymore with the lowcost airlines, except for the fact that the food and drinks on board were bloody expensive, and that you could still pay up to 600-800 EUR for a return flight back in the plane.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 1:29 pm
Original Poster

I'm so angry because I loose LCG-LHR direct connection which gave interesting business class fares with BA network,better than BA for my travels, and now they force me to pass through MAD or take ClickAir without Platinum privileges even purchasing the tickets through iberia.com or Iberia Platinum Service.

And for sure the service will be aout of LHR when OW move to T5
Old Feb 15, 2007, 2:04 pm

Programs: UA, IB, FB
DUB-BCN will be operated by Clickair as well from 1st March. No onward connections possible if you book this flight. I´ve flown this routing for almost 6 years now and I can tell many many passengers were connecting to other cities in Spain, so I think it will be hard to fill this plane with just passengers travelling between DUB and BCN.

I am also angry that I won´t have my 12.20pm flight from DUB to BCN anymore and will have to either fly EI at 7.20am or wait for the 16.15 flight that´s gonna be operated by Clickair.

Also, anybody knows if you can really get IB Plus points on these flights. According to the IBERIA website you must register your number when you make the booking on www.clickair.com but I´ve tried to make fake bookings and there is no option at all for a frequent flyer number to be entered.
Old Feb 15, 2007, 5:01 pm

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Hi Juanma, long time no see!

You can get IB+ points, they let you add it at checkin time I believe. I've only flown them once, BCN-SVQ and the planes and flight were just fine. Though they cancelled our return and then rerouted us through MAD on a much earlier flight on the way back, essentially ruining the weekend in Sevilla.

Pity you can't take JK.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 1:13 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by JUANMA
Also, anybody knows if you can really get IB Plus points on these flights. According to the IBERIA website you must register your number when you make the booking on www.clickair.com but I´ve tried to make fake bookings and there is no option at all for a frequent flyer number to be entered.
According to IB PLUS Platinum service, only ClickAir's flights booked through IB's web site (at least 20% more for the rate than Clickair's web) will be elegible for points, Basic Aerial Points wich count towards IB's status.... but who want status flying ClickAir buses?? at least they could apply preference boarding... that wouldn't be a bad solution, gold and platinum boarding first on IB5XXX flights.
Old Feb 16, 2007, 8:18 am

Originally Posted by Koby
I don’t understand your remark about the MAD-BOS flight…
He might be referring to the rumour from (apparently) an IB insider a few months ago. The claim was that IB would be adding longhaul flights to a few new US destinations. MAD-BOS is brand new... (and very welcome from my point of view). However I don't see why the OP believes there won't be more to come.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.