Wiki Posts
Search

TSA PreCheck Adds Iberia

Search this Thread

Old Mar 28, 2024, 8:40 am
Original Poster

Programs: AS MVPG, HH Gold, National EE
TSA PreCheck Adds Iberia

Finally, after who knows how long, Iberia is being added to the list of PreCheck eligible airlines. Excited for this as I’ll be flying them out of IAD this summer.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced today the expansion of its TSA PreCheck program with the addition of Air Premia, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Transat, Bahamasair, BermudAir, Iberia, La Compagnie and New Pacific Airlines.”

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/releases/2024/03/28/tsa-precheckr-program-adds-eight-new-airlines
Old Mar 28, 2024, 1:57 pm

Let's see how long it takes to Iberia's IT system to implement the changes to make it work.

BTW - I wonder how beneficial is nowadays TSA PreCheck. I ask because I fly regularly (twice a year) out of IAD and in the regular (no PreCheck, no nothing) lane they have the new scanners that do not require to take liquids or laptops out. I have to take the shoes out but that is a minor annoyance compare to liquids and laptops.
Old Mar 28, 2024, 7:16 pm

Originally Posted by LAX2DCA
Finally, after who knows how long, Iberia is being added to the list of PreCheck eligible airlines. Excited for this as I’ll be flying them out of IAD this summer.

The Transportation Security Administration (TSA) announced today the expansion of its TSA PreCheck program with the addition of Air Premia, Air Tahiti Nui, Air Transat, Bahamasair, BermudAir, Iberia, La Compagnie and New Pacific Airlines.”

https://www.tsa.gov/news/press/relea...t-new-airlines
We fly them a few times a year, so I am happy about this. So far, I don't see any place to add our KTN. We have a flight in two weeks, so hoping they will add it soon. Calling them is a pain.
Old Mar 31, 2024, 9:06 pm

Originally Posted by ang0424
We fly them a few times a year, so I am happy about this. So far, I don't see any place to add our KTN. We have a flight in two weeks, so hoping they will add it soon. Calling them is a pain.
There is a section while managing your booking where you enter your passport info. Under "other documents" where you can enter a "known traveller ID." Although I don't see it show up anywhere after submitting it, so not sure if it actually does anything.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 5:10 am

So, I asked them on Twitter how to enter KTN. They said to do it when you check-in online. I did find the place to enter it under other documents, so I did that a week or two ago. Just checked in for our flights and no precheck on boarding passes. There was no place to add it while checking in. I have messaged them again on Twitter but I bet it won't be resolved.
Old Apr 12, 2024, 7:45 pm

Programs: DL DM/3MM, BA Prem/LG, AA CK, UA GS, Marriott Ambassador
Originally Posted by ang0424
So, I asked them on Twitter how to enter KTN. They said to do it when you check-in online. I did find the place to enter it under other documents, so I did that a week or two ago. Just checked in for our flights and no precheck on boarding passes. There was no place to add it while checking in. I have messaged them again on Twitter but I bet it won't be resolved.
I checked in online tonight for JFK-MAD - my KTN is in and my pdf boarding pass shows PreCheck. The pass in Apple Wallet does not, though.
Old Apr 13, 2024, 12:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
You were able to get a mobile BP departing the US? That’s new…
Old Apr 22, 2024, 8:32 pm

A note that may be useful to some: a week ago I added profile information, including Known Traveler Numbers, to our reservations. Tonight I checked in online, they had my passport information from my IB Plus profile, and I proceeded without looking closely at the optional fields. I proceeded to my wife's check-in, not an IB Plus member, needed to fill in her passport info, then added the KTN, then thought I should look over my info before completing check-in. I didn't see an option to review, just going to Next meant completing check-in, and my wife had Pre-Check while I don't. I'll see at the airport if it can be rerun with Pre-Check for me. This is departing the U.S. and mobile BPs show on the app, without my wife's saying Pre-Check.
Old Today, 6:19 am

I tried to complete the "Country entry form" (i.e. address, passport, KTN), but got a "An error has occurred" message without any explanation. I started over without the KTN, and still got the same error.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.