Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Reward flight booking in IB/IBE - seat selection still free?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 16, 2024, 1:02 pm
Original Poster

There used to be times when any reward booking on IB or IB Express (in X-Class) allowed free selection in Economy, even exit seats and even without any frequent traveler status. Is that still the case? Anybody tried recently?
Old Mar 16, 2024, 2:06 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Donegal
There used to be times when any reward booking on IB or IB Express (in X-Class) allowed free selection in Economy, even exit seats and even without any frequent traveler status. Is that still the case? Anybody tried recently?
Not sure about "even exit seats" but IB awards are considered Optima fares and come with seat selection and checked luggage.
Donegal likes this.
Old Mar 17, 2024, 11:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not sure about "even exit seats" but IB awards are considered Optima fares and come with seat selection and checked luggage.
Thanks but "Optima" fares (intra-European) do not allow free seat selection - or do you mean "Comfort" fares - revenue fares in this family allow free seat bookings?
Old Mar 17, 2024, 12:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Thanks but "Optima" fares (intra-European) do not allow free seat selection - or do you mean "Comfort" fares - revenue fares in this family allow free seat bookings?
I meant "Optima".

Although you're right that I missed that Optima fares only allow seat selection at OLCI rather than between booking and OLCI.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 12:05 am

Programs: BAEC, EK, VS FC
Not sure what ‘grade’ we had but a run to Quito with Amex241 did generate free seat selection in J a month or so ago
Old Mar 19, 2024, 1:29 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Just tested this, both XL & Emergency are selectable for free for non status
Donegal likes this.
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:32 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by csycsycsy
Just tested this, both XL & Emergency are selectable for free for non status
yes, can confirm that too: booked flights intra-Europe and domestic in Spain and on all segments seat reservations are possible on all available seats. And the bookings seem to stick. But had to use RJ.com … but might have been a temporary issue with IB website, IB app and the BA site/app
Old Mar 20, 2024, 2:21 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
IB's website/app seat selection hasn't worked in months. "Temporary" is pushing it!
Old Mar 21, 2024, 6:18 pm

Programs: british airways
I am BA Bronze and booked reward flight on BA website for Iberia express Manchester to Madrid last week. Once I got the PNR for Iberia (which was a bit of a faff), I was able to choose seat for free in exit row using Iberia app.
Donegal likes this.
Old Mar 23, 2024, 2:13 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I booked a BA Avios ticket for Iberia flights to BOG for July (Economy to MAD and Prem Eco. to BOG). I was able to select front row seat in Prem. Eco. to BOG and em.exit seat on the Iberia Expr. flight to MAD on the IB website.
Donegal likes this.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:46 pm

Seat selection works for flights booked with avios on the BA, but for flights booked on the IB website it generates an error for the last couple of weeks.
I can see the booking on RJ.com, seat selection is for free, able select any seat but unable to confirm.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:51 pm

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
yes, can confirm that too: booked flights intra-Europe and domestic in Spain and on all segments seat reservations are possible on all available seats. And the bookings seem to stick. But had to use RJ.com … but might have been a temporary issue with IB website, IB app and the BA site/app
Thank you for letting me in on the RJ secret. It beggars belief that I was able to choose seats at RJ.com but not on the website of the airline that issued the ticket.
Old Mar 24, 2024, 12:51 pm

Duplicate

Last edited by planestupid; Mar 24, 2024 at 1:07 pm
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:07 pm

Another duplicate - apologies!
Old Mar 24, 2024, 1:09 pm

Been having issues with IB website for ages but another glitch with seat selection has indeed cropped up over the last few weeks. I had an aircraft change on a long haul . Seats pulled through thankfully but cant view or amend on seat map.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.