Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Business class meals on very short flights

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 13, 2024, 8:51 am
Original Poster

Hello,
I am wondering if IB provides a meal service on very short flights in business class.
I need to buy a ticket from Bordeaux (France) to Madrid, for which the flight duration is about 1.5 hours.
Business class costs only 9,000 Avios points, so I am thinking of purchasing a business class ticket for fun, but the decision will depend on whether a meal service is provided.
Does anyone know or have experience with this flight, or any other flights with similar durations?
Thank you-
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:12 am

Programs: Skywards Gold, Amex Plat, SkyTeam Silver
I'm assuming this flight will be operated by AirNorstrum. I know they offer a full meal service on 2.5 hour flights, but I've never flown them on shorter segments.
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:17 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
I flew MAD-BOD in 2022 (with an economy ticket for which they gate upgraded me to 1D!) en route to the Champions League final.

Just a quick note that Bordeaux-Madrid and Madrid-Bordeaux are technically Air Nostrum flights rather than Iberia per se, although you still get the Avios/EP etc. You will get a meal service but I don't recall if I got a hot meal or if it was just pastries and a sandwich. I'm inclined to say it was the latter.

IIRC, it's a CRJ-1000 on this route. https://www.iberia.com/es/flota/air-nostrum/CRJ1000/
Old Mar 13, 2024, 9:50 am

Programs: LH SEN, IB+ Gold, HH Diamond, IHG AMB Plat
and since its Air Nostrum, no neighbor seat blocking in Business, If cabin is full - both seats left and right will be allocated to Pax, seating 2-2, ensuring for a comfy elbowing on board
csycsycsy likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:50 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
I'll fly BOD-MAD-LIM in may, Air Nostrum-Iberia. I didn't find any business class video of the BOD-MAD flight but found a MLN-MAD, that theorically is 1h 50min. It's longer than to BOD but it could give an idea of what to expect.
Old Mar 14, 2024, 2:56 pm
Ambassador: Peru

Programs: LanPass Premium, AA (former gold), MileagePlus Silver
And this was from a Madrid - Malaga (~1h 15min) 6 years ago. Doesn't look a business class service at all.
jonr405 likes this.
Old Mar 19, 2024, 3:17 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by agjil
Hello,
I am wondering if IB provides a meal service on very short flights in business class.
I need to buy a ticket from Bordeaux (France) to Madrid, for which the flight duration is about 1.5 hours.
Business class costs only 9,000 Avios points, so I am thinking of purchasing a business class ticket for fun, but the decision will depend on whether a meal service is provided.
Does anyone know or have experience with this flight, or any other flights with similar durations?
Thank you-
Probably similar to this
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/35583685-post182.html
Lounge doesn't sound great BOD Salon des Vignobles: Lounge review and discussion

I wouldn't pay 4500 extra avios (so ~45eur) for the meal (since the seat is the same), and the lounge (if not already free from status).
Old Mar 20, 2024, 1:28 pm
Fontaine d'honneur du Flyertalk

Programs: Reine des Muccis de Pucci; Foreign Elitist (according to others)
Originally Posted by agjil
Hello,
Thank you-
I regularly fly NTE - MAD. There is a hot meal served. Breakfast is served until 11.00am and then lunch or dinner the rest of the day. I find Air Nostrum quite charming - they carry decent wine and cava , gins and tonics or scotch - most things. I might add that they serve the most delicious Orange Juice. If you have enough status to get Row 1 you will be served first. There is still a choice then. We were offered Hake or Pasta.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.