Wiki Posts
Search

Double Elite Points Promo!

Search this Thread

Old Feb 9, 2023, 2:29 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
Double Elite Points Promo!

Hi, I was on the phone this morning with an Iberia Oro agent that told me there is a double Elite Points Promo.
No info on the web that I could find, but she said that it is for tickets purchased from Feb 1st and runs until March 31st 2023.

This matches what another OP indicated below o. points needed to qualify.

I will update as I get more info.
Tomas E likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 4:57 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC

That's what the conditions were in my email which indicates it's targeted. It also was specifically about maintaining my oro which I am just short of and will requalify for this weekend, though I bought the tickets outside the promotional period but I did get manually upgraded from Y+ to J so we'll see what happens.
Tomas E likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 5:06 am
Original Poster

Programs: IB Plat - Hilton Gold - Marriott Gold - IHG Ambassador
That indeed seems targeted. In my specific question with the Oro agent (I am aiming at Platinum now) she indicated that all tickets purchased in the period will get double elite points.
We all know that IBERIA´s technology is not the best, so I think it will be hard to determine if the person buying and flying tickets in the specific period did receive the targeted promotion....but hopefully someone from this incredible forum will shed some light....
Seanish likes this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 8:36 am

Programs: Eurobonus, Iberia Plus
Did Oros get any elite point boost in April 2022 to help you requalify? As Platino I got 25% of the one year requirement (so 1563 EP), but I never saw this publicised. If Oro didn’t get anything similar then, this could possibly be targeted at you guys only. If their IT can handle such a thing.

I would really be interested in hearing from any Platino who has flown on IB metal the last couple of days! Did you get double EPs?
Old Feb 9, 2023, 10:40 am
formerly OliverS

Received double EPs on a flight last week, both for Plata and Platino, neither one of them targeted, tickets bought in October last year.

Strong feeling: Everyone is getting this right now, on every ticket.
Seanish and Tomas E like this.
Old Feb 9, 2023, 11:51 pm

Originally Posted by OliverS
Received double EPs on a flight last week, both for Plata and Platino, neither one of them targeted, tickets bought in October last year.

Strong feeling: Everyone is getting this right now, on every ticket.
Flying MAD-BOS next week. Fingers crossed.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 6:34 am

Another data point: I just booked a single trip GVA-MAD-CPH in March in IB Business Optima. The last step before confirmation/payment clearly indicated I would earn 900 Elite Points, while the first page only indicated 450 points (and a number of Avios which didn't include my Platino bonus, unlike the last step). As mentioned above, I'm Platino and haven't received any email informing me of this promo.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:39 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
This is interesting. I wonder if it's related to the BA double tier points that BA Holidays is running. Though that one runs through the end of the year and requires you to book a hotel or car rental at your destination.
Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:59 am

Originally Posted by alanw
This is interesting. I wonder if it's related to the BA double tier points that BA Holidays is running. Though that one runs through the end of the year and requires you to book a hotel or car rental at your destination.
I don'e see a connection between the two. Despite IB and BA both being part of IAG and using Avios, they chose different ways to make earning status easier when covid led to fewer flights, just as there are several other differences between BAEC and IB Plus (e.g. same membership year for everyone in IB Plus). Both extended existing status for a while, but that happened for basically all frequent flyer programmes. BA temporarily lowered the number of tier points needed for BAEC but kept TP earnings per flight at the same level (with the exception of the BA Holidays promotion), while Iberia have had a couple of campaigns where they handed out more elite points (a "narrow" 4x/2x campaign in the summer 2020 and a "wider" 2x campaign over the winter 2020/21) as well as handed out some elite points for free (in April 2022) but kept formal EP requirements at the same level. My guess is that IB now has judged that the number of status members that are set to requalify by 31 March are a bit below their expectations, so they make it slightly easier for those who want to make a "sprint".
BA Holidays is a very BA-specific thing which I think is marketed only to BA's UK-based customers, so using that promotion isn't really something even all BAEC members can do.
Old Feb 11, 2023, 6:48 am

Programs: Iberia Plus
Do this offer qualify if I buy flights on Iberia Express website?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.