Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Flights booked on IB site; called to change FF# to AA, credited to IB anyway, ideas?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Flights booked on IB site; called to change FF# to AA, credited to IB anyway, ideas?

Search this Thread

Old Feb 10, 2023, 9:48 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by corporate-wage-slave
Note that on the Iberia website you have to tick this box to get a Frequent Flyer option: "Iberia Plus or other frequent flyer card holder". This then gives some drop downs, and though the order is a bit odd, American Airlines is definitely there. However if you are already logged in under an Iberia Plus account then you need to log out.
Just to be a bit clearer for those that come across the thread in the future, if you're logged into your IB account, then the option to choose a different FQTV is grayed out and you're stuck with IB. And no amount of other airlines/agents adding or changing it after the fact is going to stick. I dunno what they've done but I suspect it's related to their weird 5-character PNRs that nobody else recognizes. To be safe, if you book on the IB site, do so in an incognito window. If the site so much as smells and IB+ number on you, that's where it's going to credit.

OP: for what it's worth I have successfully managed to uncredit to IB/recredit to BA on two occasions but it required an enormous amount of effort on the part of the uncharacteristically helpful IB+ agent I happened across.
Old Apr 29, 2023, 8:24 pm
Original Poster

Originally Posted by alanw
Just to be a bit clearer for those that come across the thread in the future, if you're logged into your IB account, then the option to choose a different FQTV is grayed out and you're stuck with IB. And no amount of other airlines/agents adding or changing it after the fact is going to stick. I dunno what they've done but I suspect it's related to their weird 5-character PNRs that nobody else recognizes. To be safe, if you book on the IB site, do so in an incognito window. If the site so much as smells and IB+ number on you, that's where it's going to credit.

OP: for what it's worth I have successfully managed to uncredit to IB/recredit to BA on two occasions but it required an enormous amount of effort on the part of the uncharacteristically helpful IB+ agent I happened across.
Well, I FINALLY got all my miles, analanw said, it took a tremendous amount of effort. Phone agents are useless, I didn't bother with them. I tried filling out the Iberia Plus club contact form on the site, and got back a canned response that had exactly zero to do with my question. My answer to that with a clear explanation was ignored.

I ended up working through Twitter DMs, but I had to be very, very persistent with regular follow ups. It took about two months to get the points removed from my Iberia account. At that point I used the AA customer service email and got told to go back to IB--but now I persisted with AA. I sent ticket #, scans of all boarding passes, etc and after about a month I got credited for all except the very first leg!!! Back to AA I went, and of course they said they had to work with IB to get that credited (I doubt it, because IB had removed my points) and another month and numerous followups later, I finally got that last trip credited. So--it was almost a 4 month effort.

Lesson learned - I will NOT be logged into my account if I book through a partner, and I will NOT believe any agent who says I should call in with my AA number after booking.

Thanks for the help and support on this forum!
LupineChemist likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.