Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Upgrading to premium economy on an award ticket?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old May 14, 2022, 8:56 am
Original Poster

Last year, we flew MAD-JFK in October and there was wide open award availability in premium economy. This year, for October, there is nothing. If I book 3 economy seats with BA Avios, will I be offered an opportunity to upgrade, or is that only on revenue flights?

Will Iberia release premium economy space and should I gamble on waiting? I have enough points for the economy flights but want to take advantage of the AMEX transfer offer (today is the last day) for 40% bonus if there is a chance premium economy will open up. I know Iberia is notoroiusly stingy with business availability on their own metal, but does this go for Premium Economy, too?
Old May 14, 2022, 6:45 pm

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
You will be probably able to upgrade to PE during check in for a fixed price. It doesn’t matter if it’s an award ticket or no. So far, I got an offer for all my flights from economy to PE during check in
Old May 23, 2022, 4:57 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Originally Posted by ermis177
You will be probably able to upgrade to PE during check in for a fixed price. It doesn’t matter if it’s an award ticket or no. So far, I got an offer for all my flights from economy to PE during check in
What was the price offered to upgrade to PE for a transatlantic flight? Hoping for that option on a MIA-MAD flight.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:01 am

Originally Posted by anngi
What was the price offered to upgrade to PE for a transatlantic flight? Hoping for that option on a MIA-MAD flight.
Anywhere between 180€ and 500€ per leg.
anngi likes this.
Old May 23, 2022, 5:20 am

Programs: aa ua dl jb starwood marriott hyatt
Originally Posted by danielsanchezpearson
Anywhere between 180€ and 500€ per leg.
Thanks! Am on the fence if that's worth it. Will see what happens. Can't see seat map in Premium.
Now seated in an upfront economy 2 seat side on the 330/300 traveling with spouse..
Am in 26J and L . There are XL center 4 seat aisles 36H and 36D are available but 36 E and F are full. Deciding on trade off of more leg room but having 2 people between us.
Also one XL window in a 2 row upfront but for long flight nice to be together. Weighing grabbing the one as it just became available and then could hope person in seat next door would get upgrade.
What would you choose?
Old May 23, 2022, 9:58 am

Programs: A3*G,BA Silver
Originally Posted by anngi
About £145. Thats for flights to/from Mexico and Colombia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.