Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia “bid for upgrade” not showing up

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 17, 2022, 6:01 am
Original Poster

Hey everyone, I booked earlier today a MAD-MEX flight. I often fly this route and whenever there are huge promo / off season for business class (it can go down to around $1700 round trip) I book business directly. However when prices are crazy (2k each way) I do book Premium Economy, which I did today, and then bid for an upgrade. All the times I’ve done it my 400-500 euro bid is accepted.

Anyway so I have a round trip PE ticket booked directly on IB but the bid for an upgrade option doesn’t show up at all on MMB. Any idea why? I checked expert flyer and the flight is pretty much empty in every class. Flight is in 3 weeks btw.
Old Apr 17, 2022, 12:16 pm

Programs: IB+, BAEC
If I were running the business, I'd do the same. Get revenue where you can but make it random enough so that you don't guarantee the upgrade meaning if you want J you pay more for J. Or possibly to open it again later.
craigthemif likes this.
Old Apr 18, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: Iberia Platino,15x Southwest Companion Pass/ Hilton LT Diamond/ Hertz PC, OWEmerald; Marriott Gold
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Hey everyone, I booked earlier today a MAD-MEX flight. I often fly this route and whenever there are huge promo / off season for business class (it can go down to around $1700 round trip) I book business directly. However when prices are crazy (2k each way) I do book Premium Economy, which I did today, and then bid for an upgrade. All the times I’ve done it my 400-500 euro bid is accepted.

Anyway so I have a round trip PE ticket booked directly on IB but the bid for an upgrade option doesn’t show up at all on MMB. Any idea why? I checked expert flyer and the flight is pretty much empty in every class. Flight is in 3 weeks btw.
it’s not always offered on every flight. They may email you a promotion 8 days or so from the departure Date it it will be available upon checkin.

there is no science with Iberia on why they choose or the other
Old May 4, 2022, 3:45 am
Original Poster

Update: so the bid option never happened and I never got an email with an upgrade offer…but today I checked in online for my flight and was surprised that an offer popped up….

$430 USD for my entire VIE-MAD-MEX trip!
of course I took it right away, and now glad I never got to bid cause I was gonna bid $500
Old May 4, 2022, 9:31 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by NickRivas
Update: so the bid option never happened and I never got an email with an upgrade offer…but today I checked in online for my flight and was surprised that an offer popped up….

$430 USD for my entire VIE-MAD-MEX trip!
of course I took it right away, and now glad I never got to bid cause I was gonna bid $500
Excellent. Was this one way or round trip?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.