Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Is Munich Airlines part of Iberia Express

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 21, 2021, 10:10 pm
Original Poster

I came across the airline code I2 named (according to expertflyer ) "Munich Express".
Some sources says I2 refers to Iberia Express.
It was trying to find a direct air connection to / from madrid to Iceland and came across it.
I can find minimal about this airline.
Maybe it was something gathered up by the conglomerate IAG in one of its purchases.
Can anyone provide more information please ?
Old Dec 22, 2021, 2:50 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
I2 is Iberia Express.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 6:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
People who rely solely on Expertflyer for their information are making a mistake. It's a useful tool in the right hands, but not always accurate.

I2 is Iberia Express. For most people... indistinguishable from Iberia, especially when booked on the IB website.
Old Dec 22, 2021, 12:48 pm
Left Expert Flyer 4/23

Thanks for pointing this out, we have updated the label for I2.

Originally Posted by craigthemif
People who rely solely on Expertflyer for their information are making a mistake. It's a useful tool in the right hands, but not always accurate.
Airline code name labels don't in any way affect the accuracy of the data and if you find a name that needs to be updated, just go ahead and email us. Most of the time the GDSs tell us about these things, but some fall through the cracks.
Old Dec 23, 2021, 9:46 pm
Original Poster

Thank you for clarifying that - I am surprised that I2 flies non stop as far as Reykjavik.

Last edited by ozflier; Dec 23, 2021 at 9:46 pm Reason: poor grammer
Old Dec 28, 2021, 7:46 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK*G EL, KL P ELPL, ex AB P, ex LH/LX Sen, HHonors D4L, Bonvoy P
Originally Posted by ozflier
Thank you for clarifying that - I am surprised that I2 flies non stop as far as Reykjavik.
I2 is not a regional airline or something like this. It's a subfleet of A320, which initially had a denser configuration, used on more leisure type of routes. However, IB has also reduced the seat pitch on most of its aircraft, I'm afraid. As far as I know, I2 crews also different (i.e. lesser paid) contracts. Obviously Reykjavik is more sort of a leisure route, so no surprise that it is I2 operated.

Iberia Regional in contrast is operated by Air Nostrum (YW). YW has different aircraft, mainly Canadair Regional Jets and, unlike I2, the service is also slightly different (but not worse).

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.