Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Checked Baggage Allowance on IB for OW Sapphire

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 31, 2021, 12:26 pm
Original Poster

I’m contemplating a route to MEX from LHR via MAD, but an struggling with the checked baggage allowance pages on Iberia’s website. I’m a BAEC Silver, so OW Sapphire.

From what I can see, if I’m travelling on a regular, not basic economy ticket, I will get two checked bags and the excess bag fee is waived, so each of those bags can be 32kg. It’s not entirely clear though, so could easily also be 2x23kg. Anyone with practical experience of this?
Old Mar 31, 2021, 5:05 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
BA Silver is 23kgs, Gold is 32kgs.
Old Sep 8, 2021, 10:22 pm

Programs: BA GGL; AA LT Gold; AS 100K; DL MM GM; Hyatt G*list, Hilton Diamond; SQ silver
Is the Iberia extra baggage extended to everyone on the ticket or only the elite flyer?
Old Sep 9, 2021, 1:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by DeltaFlyingProf
Is the Iberia extra baggage extended to everyone on the ticket or only the elite flyer?
Only elite member.
Old Jan 20, 2022, 8:04 am
Hilton 25+ BadgeMarriott 10+ Badge

Hi,
Just wanted to check if I understood the benefits for OW status member correctly on baggage allowance. As a BA Emerald, if I purchase a basic ticket, does this mean I get 1 free check-in luggage with IB Express?
And if not, does it mean that if I purchase the Optima ticket, I get the 1 free bag incld and 1 additional based on status?

https://www.iberia.com/nl/luggage/allowance-in-hold/

Thanks in advance
Cheers!
Old Jan 21, 2022, 4:49 am

Programs: IB Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, NH Titanium
Originally Posted by nldogbert
As a BA Emerald, if I purchase a basic ticket, does this mean I get 1 free check-in luggage with IB Express?
I just noticed I never checked luggage on IB Express, but they always honoured my status IB Gold and OWS before (I was on LATAM) for boarding. So I guess they would honour that for luggage too.

And if not, does it mean that if I purchase the Optima ticket, I get the 1 free bag incld and 1 additional based on status?
I always assume it is one extra to whatever the fare you buy has on its allowance. So Id say yes: 1 free bag included + 1 bag based on status.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 6:33 am

Programs: BA GGL, TK E (*G), ITA exec
Hi,
Just wanted to check if I understood the benefits for OW status member correctly on baggage allowance. As a BA Emerald, if I purchase a basic ticket, does this mean I get 1 free check-in luggage with IB Express?

https://www.iberia.com/nl/luggage/allowance-in-hold/

Thanks in advance
Cheers!
Yes and yes from what I know.
nldogbert likes this.
Old Jan 21, 2022, 7:36 am

Programs: SK*G, OW S
About this, I am QR Gold so OW Sapphire and I recently booked a ticket with IB on basic fare for me and a family member. He doesn't have any status. However, when I checked his e-ticket, it says the following about baggage: CU100PC. Am I wrong or that means that he also has a piece of luggage included? I was also able to select free seats for both of us. I attach a screenshot of what the e-ticket says (it's the same for both of us).

Old Jan 21, 2022, 3:38 pm

Programs: IB Gold, Marriott Lifetime Gold, NH Titanium
Originally Posted by Peter1012

My guess, and total guess here… I think you have 0PC (0 pieces). Looking by the alignment of the columns in the top and in the bottom, and longer space between CU10 and 0PC than in the other characters, I think CU10 is the end of the content in the column “Clase - Tarifa”, and 0PC is the content of the column “Franquicia”. Bad user experience, maybe try to open this in a wider screen to see if the content in each column will be better separated.

As someone posted before, only the status holder has extra bag, but Iberia allows for a status holder to select seats for all in the sam reservation (I do for my girlfriend who has no status).
Old Jan 23, 2022, 4:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Originally Posted by nutsbr
My guess, and total guess here… I think you have 0PC (0 pieces). Looking by the alignment of the columns in the top and in the bottom, and longer space between CU10 and 0PC than in the other characters, I think CU10 is the end of the content in the column “Clase - Tarifa”, and 0PC is the content of the column “Franquicia”. Bad user experience, maybe try to open this in a wider screen to see if the content in each column will be better separated.

As someone posted before, only the status holder has extra bag, but Iberia allows for a status holder to select seats for all in the sam reservation (I do for my girlfriend who has no status).
Correct, and the CU10 looks like the IB Joven (or similar 10%) discount being appended to the fare basis.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.