Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IB flight no longer for sale, but still shows to agent as confirmed

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 4, 2021, 5:05 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE

Any one had experience with this? The flight in question is from Rio de Janeiro to Madrid on April 5th. I'd like to know sooner rather than later if the flight is cancelled, as I have to make other arrangements.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 12:44 am

Unfortunately, it seems to be quite typical at IB. I had the same problem with my November '20 MAD - BOG flight and had to wait many weeks until it was officially canceled.
Old Feb 5, 2021, 2:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Flight will almost certainly be cancelled at the last possible moment.

Spain has blocked arrivals from Brazil. Although that could change before April, unless you are a Spanish citizen / registered resident you wouldn't be allowed on the plane anyhow. (unless connecting onwards to somewhere that is still accepting arrivals from Brazil)

If you booked using miles, you might want to cancel and look for an alternative yourself. If you booked using cash, again you could look at alternatives and wait for a refund or voucher from IB. Otherwise you'll have to wait until late March and hope IB sort you out under EC261 rules...
Old Feb 5, 2021, 3:39 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC - Gold, OWE
Thanks all. I will start looking for other options, and try to get the money back from Iberia once they officially cancel the flight.
Old Apr 26, 2021, 12:08 pm

Programs: UA 1P MM, AA-PP, AS, DL, HH G, SPG Gold, TA nada
I am having the same problem. IB has apparently cancelled the MAD-SFO-MAD route slated to start later this summer. I got an email from IB, however, AA (booked through AA - revenue ticket in J) has no record of a cancellation from IB. I was able to have AA rebooked through LAX as it seems to be operating still a few days a week.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.