Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Canceled Connection

Search this Thread

Old Dec 10, 2020, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Canceled Connection

I have an upcoming flight MAD>MEX>PVR, the last leg on Interjet which is now bankrupt and the flight is canceled. I can see the cancellation in my manage my booking, but haven't received any official comms from Iberia yet. I called Iberia and they said to wait until I'm moved to another partner airline and that the long haul flight was safe regardless, but I have my doubts. Should I start looking for a connecting flight myself and just tell Iberia to keep the MAD>MEX or wait for them to sort it out. At this point I don't trust anything they tell me.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Assuming that this is a one-way flight, you can book a flight yourself for peace of mind or continue to pester IB.

If you are actually booked on a return basis, then you must sort things out with IB. Otherwise your "no show" for the MEX-PVR flight will cause the cancellation of the rest of the itinerary.
Old Dec 10, 2020, 7:14 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Assuming that this is a one-way flight, you can book a flight yourself for peace of mind or continue to pester IB.

If you are actually booked on a return basis, then you must sort things out with IB. Otherwise your "no show" for the MEX-PVR flight will cause the cancellation of the rest of the itinerary.
That's a good point, would be fine for the outbound as the canceled leg comes over Iberia, but going back wouldn't work. It's strange that IB hasn't contacted me about this yet. I guess I will call them again. I suspect many other people are in the same boat.
Old Dec 29, 2020, 10:01 pm

I got my ticket in mid-March, but I can only apply for voucher without refund.
Now I want to refund cash but the airline says no. Does this violate the Consumer Act?
Does anyone have experience with successful refunds after coupons?
Please help thanks

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.