Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Transfer at Madrid

Search this Thread

Old May 22, 2024, 10:08 am

Programs: IB+ Oro / OWS
Originally Posted by cdl1012
All right. Wife is going to have to learn how to pack for a 9 day trip with just a carry on and a backpack. I can give up all of my backpack space for her stuff as well LOL. Might need to hit up a laundry or have the hotel do my laundry mid vacation which I don't mind. Save ourselves 30 min
I haven't been following but where are you flying from/spending the time in, no quality local booze to bring back to the states?
Old May 22, 2024, 12:05 pm

Programs: Southwest gave me drink coupons once
Madrid and Basque region. I'm into wine but I don't need to bring any back.

I mean I do want to bring a leg of jamon iberico back but then I’d lose my global entry if one of the pesky dogs at customs get a whiff of it. Lol
csycsycsy likes this.
Old May 22, 2024, 12:50 pm

Originally Posted by cdl1012
Madrid and Basque region. I'm into wine but I don't need to bring any back.

I mean I do want to bring a leg of jamon iberico back but then I’d lose my global entry if one of the pesky dogs at customs get a whiff of it. Lol
Cool.
IB lounge serves an interesting grenache from Madrid, if you nose carefully you get whiffs of Jet A1
https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/24/d...comando-g.html
Old May 22, 2024, 1:51 pm

Programs: Southwest gave me drink coupons once
I do love me some interesting wines. I love natural wines so that Comando G stuff sounds right up my alley. And it says it's close to pinot noir which is my daily wine lol.

Jet 1A I might be nose blind to it because I huff aviation fuel every now and then
csycsycsy likes this.
Old May 24, 2024, 2:36 am

Suggestion on onward flight on separate PNR

Hi folks! I am in need of some advice. on 21-Oct I will be landing in MAD from MEX at 13:40 on IB6402 in J. I will need to make my way to EDI the same day on a separate ticket. I will have checked in baggage (hopefully with some Tequila from Mexico).

I have the following options:
  1. Direct easyJet at 16:35 (presumably from T1)
  2. IB3166 to LHR at 15:45, with onward flight from LHR arriving at EDI at 20:15
  3. IB3180 to LHR at 16:50, with onward flight from LHR arriving at 21:25--however this is EUR160 more expensive than option 2.
Which flight would you suggest getting? I would imagine easyJet would be ok, but not sure if the change of terminal would make it palatable... Thank you!
Old May 24, 2024, 2:49 am

Programs: IB+ Oro (OWS) / FB / SQ
I wouldn't be comfortable with option 2 at all, even if you get a favourable tailwind from MEX (looks like in the last week, this flight has landed between 13:10 and 14:02). If your bags take an hour to come out (albeit in J they really shouldn't) you'll be struggling to make check in for the LHR flight especially with a delay.

Easyjet are in T1, which when leaving from T4 on the inter-terminal shuttle is the last stop, so not ideal, but assuming your flight arrives more or less on time and baggage isn't a faff, I don't think this will be a problem.

It's unfortunate you have to be in EDI the same day, because there's a cheap Iberia Express direct the following morning at 08:15.
Old May 24, 2024, 3:31 am

Originally Posted by nickal320
Hi folks! I am in need of some advice. on 21-Oct I will be landing in MAD from MEX at 13:40 on IB6402 in J. I will need to make my way to EDI the same day on a separate ticket. I will have checked in baggage (hopefully with some Tequila from Mexico).

I have the following options:
  1. Direct easyJet at 16:35 (presumably from T1)
  2. IB3166 to LHR at 15:45, with onward flight from LHR arriving at EDI at 20:15
  3. IB3180 to LHR at 16:50, with onward flight from LHR arriving at 21:25--however this is EUR160 more expensive than option 2.
Which flight would you suggest getting? I would imagine easyJet would be ok, but not sure if the change of terminal would make it palatable... Thank you!
Overnight at MAD and fly MAD-EDI direct next day (oct 22) for 38eur
https://www.google.com/travel/flight...gl=ES&curr=EUR

See Chachor
Old May 24, 2024, 3:50 am

Originally Posted by chacor
I wouldn't be comfortable with option 2 at all, even if you get a favourable tailwind from MEX (looks like in the last week, this flight has landed between 13:10 and 14:02). If your bags take an hour to come out (albeit in J they really shouldn't) you'll be struggling to make check in for the LHR flight especially with a delay.

Easyjet are in T1, which when leaving from T4 on the inter-terminal shuttle is the last stop, so not ideal, but assuming your flight arrives more or less on time and baggage isn't a faff, I don't think this will be a problem.

It's unfortunate you have to be in EDI the same day, because there's a cheap Iberia Express direct the following morning at 08:15.
Thank you for your reply... I will be coming from London on the way out and stopping in Madrid for a couple of days before. I have double-checked and if I do a multi-city LHR-MAD-EDI then the 16:50 is an acceptable price, so I might do that... unfortunately coming back on the Tuesday isn't an option at the moment, but I'll see if I manage to convince work!
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:36 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Not a huge traveller in Europe, so my question might be basic.

AMS MAD connecting to SVQ. All one ticket in J.
  • Do we get lounge access in MAD, and if so, which lounge
  • How easy is the transfer between the two flights? We have 65min
TIA
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:45 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica

TIA
Both flights are at T4. You will de-plane into the departure lounge and simply need to look at the screens for the departure gate of your next flight to SVQ.

You may or may not have time to go to the Dali lounge at T4.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:45 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by roadwarriorafrica

TIA
Are all the flights on Iberia? If they are then you will arrive and depart from Terminal 4. The transfer should be easy as it's all the same terminal but bearing in mind you will need time to get off the plane and find the new gate and you will board 30 mins before your next flight you won't have much time in the lounge. The lounge is the Dali lounge in Terminal 4. It's a little confusing as there are other lounges and they all have signs saying VIP lounge so I suggest you ask for directions.

If you're not on Iberia for all flights then all this changes
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:49 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by JessicaB
Are all the flights on Iberia?
Good question to ask, but since Air Europa doesn't fly to SVQ, I don't think any other airline besides IB would sell AMS-MAD-SVQ on one ticket.
Old Jun 4, 2024, 3:52 am

Programs: Executive Club
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Good question to ask, but since Air Europa doesn't fly to SVQ, I don't think any other airline besides IB would sell AMS-MAD-SVQ on one ticket.
Of course you're right but you and I both know the hell that someone would go through if they arrived on one airline and had a fast connection to another one at Madrid, especially if they didn't have a Schengen passport. T4 to T4 or T4S to T4S is a piece of cake, but the thought of anything else fills me with dread!
Old Jun 4, 2024, 7:21 am

Programs: QR Platinum, TK Elite
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Both flights are at T4. You will de-plane into the departure lounge and simply need to look at the screens for the departure gate of your next flight to SVQ.

You may or may not have time to go to the Dali lounge at T4.
Thank you so much. All flights are IB (Iberia Express). I feel more relieved now.
Old Jul 3, 2024, 8:20 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
T4->T4S 55min

Doing CPH-MAD-BOG later this month; One IB ticket. 55min at MAD. EU passport

It seems that often CPH-MAD arrives 10-15 min late. Will IB proactively off-load me from the BOG flight if incoming flight is late, or I will be able to give it a try to reach the T4S gate in time? It makes a difference whether I have checked luggage? (I mean I will get proactively offloaded from the BOG flight if I have checked luggage tagged CPH-MAD-BOG, but if I travel HBO I will have the chance to make it to the T4S gate before it closes?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.