Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Skip last leg when using residents discount

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 19, 2020, 5:55 am
Original Poster

We have a family trip next week PMI-MAD-TFS using the government Island (Balearics) Residents subsidy.

On the return it is possible I may skip the last leg MAD-PMI and instead fly to London (family will continue to PMI). Is anyone aware of any repercussions of doing this?

Thanks in advance!
Old Oct 19, 2020, 8:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Plans change. Shouldn't be a big deal. No checked luggage to MAD though.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:00 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
If you make a habit of it they will eventually contact you, but for one flight I can't imagine any problem.
Old Oct 19, 2020, 11:12 am
Suspended

Programs: UA 1K
Will you have checked luggage?
Old Oct 19, 2020, 10:55 pm
Original Poster

Thanks everyone.

No checked luggage, only a few days trips
Old Oct 20, 2020, 2:11 am

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
You shouldn't have any problems doing that, especially without luggage in hold.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 3:48 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
If you're taking the MAD-LHR flight on the same day that you're supposed to fly MAD-PMI, be sure to book your MAD-LHR flight on BA metal and with a BA flight number. Otherwise IB's reservations system may see the two conflicting itineraries and it might cancel your MAD-LHR booking.
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by London Dude
If you're taking the MAD-LHR flight on the same day that you're supposed to fly MAD-PMI, be sure to book your MAD-LHR flight on BA metal and with a BA flight number. Otherwise IB's reservations system may see the two conflicting itineraries and it might cancel your MAD-LHR booking.
Not a bad idea, but ultimately IB systems are only looking for multiple MAD-PMI reservations on the same day so the risk is pretty minor...
Old Oct 20, 2020, 6:27 am

Programs: BA Gold, etc. etc.
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Not a bad idea, but ultimately IB systems are only looking for multiple MAD-PMI reservations on the same day so the risk is pretty minor...
I think you may be wrong. Two conflicting bookings to different destinations under the same passenger name and possibly the same FF number are likely to be flagged by the system.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 3:23 am

Does it really matter whether I book 100 flights on same day... but I only chose to fly once? They've got the cash - and if I do not fly, they even make a bigger profit.

IB is not going to give a toss if you have a MAD-LHR booking.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by tobsw
Does it really matter whether I book 100 flights on same day... but I only chose to fly once? They've got the cash - and if I do not fly, they even make a bigger profit.
Yes it does... because you could be gaming the system. Any airline wants its business passengers to book an expensive, flexible ticket, not book the cheapest fare on more than one flight for the same day. And the airline makes more money from one flex ticket than 3-4 non-refundable tickets. Why do you think the Puente Aereo is more expensive than booking a few super cheap MAD-BCN flights?

But as I said previously, it is only really sensitive when you book the same route on the same day. Just ask some of the people who had some of their intended-throwaway 9,000 Avios tickets cancelled because they booked multiple tickets for the same day, some even on the same flight. SDR-MAD I believe it was...
Old Oct 22, 2020, 8:38 am
Suspended

Programs: UA US CO AA DL FL
It is an express contract violation and one ought to expect to have one or both e-tickets cancelled with or without notice. Sometimes it happens and sometimes it does not. Thus, anecdotes of good and bad results are not particularly helpful. This is a mess when one is traveling between two points with a singe carrier. But, not so much between MAD & LON.
Old Oct 22, 2020, 10:31 am

Based on the Spanish Supreme Court ruling, passengers are free to choose whether to fly or not to fly an already booked and paid ticket. Based on the ruling, technically, IB must be able to short-check-in if you wish to do so.

PA tickets are sooo expensive because of historical reasons. Remember those times when PA was announced as "llegar y volar"? They weren't scheduled flights, when enough passengers were in the boarding area, a plane would board and leave. The sky rocket price has remained since then. Probably PA is dead now, for good.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 3:11 am

Programs: BA Gold · A3 Gold · DL Gold · VY apologist
Originally Posted by tobsw
Probably PA is dead now, for good.
I really hope that isn't the case. PA is incredibly convenient, especially for the fast and easy parking/checkin/boarding process. Back before they jacked up the redemption rate, you could buy PA J tickets for a few thousand Avios and use them when/as needed. Sigh, those were the days.
more4less likes this.
Old Nov 12, 2020, 8:03 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by alanw
I really hope that isn't the case. PA is incredibly convenient, especially for the fast and easy parking/checkin/boarding process. Back before they jacked up the redemption rate, you could buy PA J tickets for a few thousand Avios and use them when/as needed. Sigh, those were the days.
I mean, the facilities will still be there (if coming from the train PA security was open to everyone and faster than fast track). And there will still be plenty of flights to BCN, you'll just have to have a schedule.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.