Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB's catering & service during COVID-19

Search this Thread

Old Dec 14, 2020, 8:06 am

Programs: A3 Gold, BA Silver
Originally Posted by NickRivas
So is this new catering actually happening now? How's the J service now to Mexico and South America if anyone knows...?
I would guess that yes. The new catering comes from changing providers to Do&Co. They wouldn't stop the role out as they have a contract. Long Haul role out was always planned to be delayed. They mentioned it would be on US flights but those are cancelled till April. SA and Mexico still has the old catering.
Old Dec 14, 2020, 9:17 am
Original Poster

Programs: A bit of this and a bit of that
I had the new Do&Co catering from MAD-ORY a few weeks back and I was honestly impressed. They served a salmon tartare with wasabi dressing as starter and an excellent (not even dry) chicken for main. Desert was not memorable but was OK.
Old Dec 15, 2020, 1:43 pm
bil

Programs: BAEC Gold, Marriott Platinum
For me the dessert was actually the most impressive— a Do&Co chocolate mousse— the main was pasta (ravioli with tomato sauce and olives) or chicken, and the starter was some vegetables with cheese
Old Dec 24, 2020, 5:50 am

Programs: AA Platinum, AA LT Gold
IB 6252 JFK-MAD in premium economy on 22 Dec

Old Jan 7, 2021, 5:19 am

Asked this in another thread but will here too
Since the J catering out of Europe is still boxed and limited...

​​​​​​If anyone who has been through MAD airport recently and can recommend a good restaurant/cafe (that is open) to buy food or snacks from for the flight, I'll appreciate it!

Also, anyone know if you buy wine from duty-free, can you drink it on board?
Old Jan 7, 2021, 5:44 am

Programs: Executive Club
I went through 4S before Christmas and there was only one single bar open and yes they were selling snacks and food like sandwiches and wraps, it looked quite nice. It was in the middle of the concourse, not hard to find.

If you're worried about drinks I'd advise you to think more along the lines of spirits than wine as you can easily take enough in a small bottle in your washbag. I drink Rum & Coke and travelled with 2 Listermint small bottles with rum in in my wash bag. I bought coke in the airport vending machine and made my own drinks on the flight. I asked for a glass with ice to drink the water and then used this. I was in long-haul J and they did offer you small bottles of wine - which was nice wine - but no spirits.
Old Jan 26, 2021, 3:34 pm

Programs: BA Gold, IB Silver, TP Gold
I had a return J ticket to SAmerica, DUB-MAD - lunchbox Do&Co warm sandwich and apple tart. Drinks available upon request.
MAD-GRU salad, steak (chicken & pasta also available) with mash potato, chocolate mousse as desert, all served in one tray,
breakfast was omelet with air, couldn’t guess what they put inside.
drinks rather limited options, no champagne, just one or two options of red & white served in individual Bottles. No refills offered,
same on the return leg with minor differences....
a friend of mine flew MAD-JFK early December, no booze at all on her flight,

Originally Posted by NickRivas
Asked this in another thread but will here too
Since the J catering out of Europe is still boxed and limited...

​​​​​​If anyone who has been through MAD airport recently and can recommend a good restaurant/cafe (that is open) to buy food or snacks from for the flight, I'll appreciate it!

Also, anyone know if you buy wine from duty-free, can you drink it on board?
Old Jan 26, 2021, 6:05 pm

That gives me hope^! I am doing VIE-MAD-Tenerife next week, then Tenerife-MAD-SJO in Central America the week after...both in business
I'll report back
Old Jan 27, 2021, 9:26 am

We've just returned from HAV, flew outbound in Cattle 1700 flight, given a small cold boxed meal, no alcohol served. Inbound we flew J and it has to be the worst meal I've had at the front end on a plane ever. It was pretty much the same as the economy meal, with a small cold boxed supermarket couscous salad (i've seen them in mercadona for €1), some dry breadsticks, dry biscuits and some dry wafers, with a small slice of manchego and the world's smallest kitkat. Wine was available (individual bottles) - didn't ask about spirits but didn't see them and doubt it. Breakfast was a baby-food like pureed apple squeezy carton, another slice of cheese, humus?! (would have been more helpful with the dinner), and a muffin. Abysmal.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 12:34 pm

Programs: BAEC, Ib+, Accor, HHonors
Catering has been revamped in the whole domestic and european network.

In terms of long haul, only so far North Atlantic - I don't really whether this only means US + Mexico, or US+Mex+Caribbean - have received the new full Do&Co.

For the IB European + Domestic network, it's a very very solid, attractive and respectable service.

In the case of Ib Express, you'll be deeply disappointed - compared to IB mainline.
Old Jan 27, 2021, 5:23 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Anyone know what the meal in Y is like MAD-MIA/JFK now?
Old Jan 28, 2021, 9:33 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum
Originally Posted by straighten_up
We've just returned from HAV, flew outbound in Cattle 1700 flight, given a small cold boxed meal, no alcohol served. Inbound we flew J and it has to be the worst meal I've had at the front end on a plane ever. It was pretty much the same as the economy meal, with a small cold boxed supermarket couscous salad (i've seen them in mercadona for €1), some dry breadsticks, dry biscuits and some dry wafers, with a small slice of manchego and the world's smallest kitkat. Wine was available (individual bottles) - didn't ask about spirits but didn't see them and doubt it. Breakfast was a baby-food like pureed apple squeezy carton, another slice of cheese, humus?! (would have been more helpful with the dinner), and a muffin. Abysmal.
I have experienced the dismal J catering on IB from Havana pre-Covid. Indeed, it's been awful from SJO, SCL, EZE as well. I think it's a combination of lousy local facilities + IB choosing the cheapest possible meal.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 3:06 am

I've seen that Iberia has the new catering on European flights but I just checked in to my VIE-MAD-TFN flight and at the end it gave me the option to buy food in advance (thought this was only for economy) making it seem like nothing will be served but then on my booking confirmation it says "snack" on meal section...so confusing
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:42 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Snack... for sale
NickRivas likes this.
Old Jan 29, 2021, 7:44 am

Originally Posted by BA6501
Snack... for sale
I’ll report back Sunday...considering the do&co Vienna base I’d be surprised if they don’t have the catering, I mean they have it to London and Orly as mentioned above..hm

if no food at least I hope wine

If no wine I’ll consider this a ripoff but won’t complain since I am traveling during the pandemic so..
romans likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.