Community
Wiki Posts
Search

IB's Coronavirus Rebooking Policy

Search this Thread

Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:20 pm

Programs: UA, Latam, Delta, AA
Originally Posted by ga8riel
I just called and tried to change my award flight for April (flight was cancelled) and CS said they have to abide by Avios rules which is to book +/- 1 week. I need to book for October.
Has anyone had this issue? I know I can pay $25 to change but was hoping they were waiving that
Update: I had previously called English for the above; I called in Spanish and there were no questions asked about changing it to October.
Called the 1800 772 4642 and opted for Spanish and said "avios".
Seems like everyone was from Colombia.
Had 4 different PNRs because everything was booked separately; one attendant would only do 2 changes and stated that because they were different PNRs, I had to call again. Very Iberia to make things as difficult as possible. Also, seems like Avios booking cant book seats online, so mention your seats when you call.

This was an ordeal, but was able to do it without paying extra and no more than 5 mins hold time.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 5:38 pm

Programs: AA PLTPRO, HH Diamond, IHG Plat, Marriott Plat, Hyatt Globalist
My original flights were supposed to be this coming weekend and my voucher request was three weeks ago. Still no voucher so I tried calling today. First call was essentially rejected - the system gave its message and just hung up on me. Tried this afternoon and was sent into perpetual hold mode (2+ hours before I gave up).

I get an email virtually daily from Iberia advising of the flight cancellations in my reservation. When I click, it says, "a voucher request already exists for this reservation"

I also have the original email acknowledgement of my voucher request.

Am I safe to just wait or do I need the actual voucher before the flight date? I'd hate be in a "gotcha" situation with Iberia but they really don't seem to interested in making this process easy.
Old Mar 30, 2020, 7:58 pm

Programs: QFF, AAdvantage, All
Originally Posted by OskiBear
My original flights were supposed to be this coming weekend and my voucher request was three weeks ago. Still no voucher so I tried calling today. First call was essentially rejected - the system gave its message and just hung up on me. Tried this afternoon and was sent into perpetual hold mode (2+ hours before I gave up).

I get an email virtually daily from Iberia advising of the flight cancellations in my reservation. When I click, it says, "a voucher request already exists for this reservation"

I also have the original email acknowledgement of my voucher request.

Am I safe to just wait or do I need the actual voucher before the flight date? I'd hate be in a "gotcha" situation with Iberia but they really don't seem to interested in making this process easy.
I know of another airline that states "the quickest way is to go to 'manage booking' online...", yet one is unable to do anything since the flight was already cancelled.
It appears so simple to amend their website accordingly and questions the validity of the very high compensations for their executives.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 6:18 am

Originally Posted by sunkentreasure
Had a similar experience to sombrachinesca

Called the UK number at 21:20 GMT, waited for 40mins to get through to someone, so was about 22:00 when I spoke to someone.
Turns out it was the Miami call centre too, and they weren't budging on offering refunds. Quoted every regulation going but the agent wouldn't budge. The agent said that 'they didn't need to because Coronavirus isn't a technical fault or a problem that is a responsibility of the airline'! Said they couldn't do anything and I'd need to submit a complaint via the website.

I'm thinking I'll try again tomorrow during European working hours and see how I get on.
Called again this morning at 0900 GMT, got though almost immediately, and no quibbles from the agent on a refund. Said it would be 5 weeks. Phew!
raporot likes this.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:13 pm

Programs: none
Iberia's rebooking/refund policy

Recently was forced to half our vacation in Spain due to the virus. Madrid and the rest of Spain were shutting down. Could not contact Iberia to rearrange our round trip and had to purchase a one way fight home through Amex which was more than twice the cost of the round trip. Iberia offered a voucher for only the second leg of our round trip. Seems unfair especially since they were impossible to contact while in Spain.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 12:33 pm
Moderator, Iberia Airlines, Airport Lounges, and Ambassador, British Airways Executive Club

Programs: BA Lifetime Gold; Flying Blue Life Platinum; LH Sen.; Hilton Diamond; Kemal Kebabs Prized Customer
Welcome to Flyertalk and welcome to the Iberia forum frankfast. I am just moving your question into the main thread, you will see some previous responses, and in short I'd not be certain of a better reply from Iberia.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 1:04 pm

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
Originally Posted by sunkentreasure
Called again this morning at 0900 GMT, got though almost immediately, and no quibbles from the agent on a refund. Said it would be 5 weeks. Phew!
Indeed - really does seem that if you can get through to Spain, they'll process the refund, but if you've got the US call center you're out of luck.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 7:09 am

Has anyone got an email from Iberia offering 10% extra on top of the voucher if we choose the option?
Old Apr 6, 2020, 1:28 pm

I just hung up, I was on hold only about 2 minutes. He told me that he would forwarded my request to the refund department and it will take about 4 weeks for my refund of taxes and points back
Lets hope it happens
Old Apr 8, 2020, 11:14 am

Programs: AA EXP/2MM
My refund posted to the credit card last Friday - far less than the 4 weeks that were promised. Once I received a "refund" email from Iberia with all the same information itemized as on the original e-ticket, it was just a few days afterwards to see the post on the card.
Old Apr 11, 2020, 3:31 pm

Originally Posted by mylabel
Has anyone got an email from Iberia offering 10% extra on top of the voucher if we choose the option?
Yes. Got my voucher with the +10% today - promotion reported to end 15 Apr.
However, voucher validity does state to 31 Mar 2021, when it is suppose to be, and is, 30 Jun 2021.

Last edited by LukeO9; Apr 11, 2020 at 10:34 pm Reason: clarity
Old Apr 11, 2020, 7:09 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LukeO9
Yes. Got my voucher with the +10% today - promotion reported to end 15 Apr.
However, voucher validity does state to 31 Mar, when it is suppose to be 30 Jun.
Dates and terms are clear on the website.
Refund voucher request
If you have a ticket to fly between March 1 and June 30 2020, for your convenience we offer you the possibility of getting a refund of your reservation through a voucher (s) for the amount pending use of your ticket (s) by completing the following form.

Get an extra 10% on your voucher (promotional offer valid until April 15th).

Voucher application and use conditions

Apply now, without waiting.
A voucher will be sent for the amount of each of your tickets by email in a maximum period of 5 business days without you having to worry for nothing else.
They can be used one or more times until their is spent to fly whenever you want until June 30, 2021 (last return on June 30, 2021).
Valid for direct or connecting flights where at least one of the routes is operated by Iberia, Iberia Express or Iberia Regional Air Nostrum.
Not valid for combined purchases of flight+hotel or flight+car. Nor can they be used to buy tickets for Air Shuttle flights. Not applicable for purchases of tickets with Avios, however is applicable for purchases of discounted tickets with Avios.
Old Apr 13, 2020, 10:47 am

Programs: UA Lifetime Gold, Marriott Rewards Platinum, HHonors Gold, Hyatt Diamond
Has Anyone Used Your Voucher?

Trying to book a flight today and pay with my bono. Although Iberia Q&A say:

Introduzca el código dentro del proceso de compra en el momento de pago en nuestra web,

after filling in all passenger, route, dates, etc. information the booking system takes me to the payment page where I have to enter my credit card details. No mention of the possibility of using my bono for the ticket. The system does permit me to enter a Discount Code (Código de descuento) but that is not my bono number. Tried it and was rejected.

Normally when you have entered all payment information and click “Confirm” the system sells you the ticket, so I would not expect any bono opportunity on the next page.

Any experience with this?

Thanks!

Last edited by spainflyer; Apr 13, 2020 at 10:47 am Reason: Spelling
Old Apr 14, 2020, 5:56 pm
Original Poster

Programs: AA EXP, Hertz Gold Plus, Hilton Diamond
10% on your voucher promotional offer has now been extended until April 30th.
Old Apr 14, 2020, 7:01 pm

Originally Posted by spainflyer
Trying to book a flight today and pay with my bono.
Since promo codes are generic and inflexible, I suspect they haven't yet reconfigured their website to take the vouchers.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.