Community
Wiki Posts
Search

BCN-MAD-BOS. Do I have this right?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9, 2019, 7:03 am
Original Poster

BCN-MAD-BOS. Do I have this right?

Just want to confirm that if I have Bar-Bos through Mad booked with Avios on same ticket, I can't just take the Mad-Bos flight...I must also take Bar-Mad or Mad-Bos would be cancelled?
Old Dec 9, 2019, 9:38 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Presumably you mean BCN and not Qionghai.

Why don't you just call IB+ and cancel the unwanted flight leg? Pay the fee, get some Avios back and no worries...

In theory a recent court decision means that you could skip the BCN-MAD and be fine. In practice you might find your ticket cancelled if you no-show in BCN.
Old Dec 9, 2019, 10:08 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by craigthemif
Presumably you mean BCN and not Qionghai.

Why don't you just call IB+ and cancel the unwanted flight leg? Pay the fee, get some Avios back and no worries...

In theory a recent court decision means that you could skip the BCN-MAD and be fine. In practice you might find your ticket cancelled if you no-show in BCN.
thanks..before I call in, I purchased BCN-Mad-Bos with the recent 50% of avios sale.(I had previously purchased BOS-BCN with a voucher) I now wish to change the departure date(staying another 5 days) and cutting out the BCN-MAD leg. My question is..will they charge me more points to do this? I want to be clear on this before I call because with the language barrier, I certainly don't want more avios deducted from my account if I make this change. thanks

Edit- called IB, was told I couldn't make a change to one part of the ticket, had to be whole thing...so can't cancel BCN-MAD only. I could cancel the whole thing and rebook of course, but I booked with half price avios sale.

Last edited by theplayer; Dec 9, 2019 at 11:18 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.