Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Avios in Avianca flights

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:16 am
Original Poster

Avios in Avianca flights

Since Iberia and Avianca are partners, even though Avianca is not part of oneworld alliance, you can earn Avios on your flights with Avianca.

The question is, is it worth it?

I've just called Iberia + customer service and they told me you can earn 150% of your miles in Avios, flying Business class in Avianca, but no Gold/Platinum bonuses or PE points.
MAD to BOG is roughly 5,000 miles, so that would be a "lousy" 7,500 avios each flight, with no PE points.

Is it worth it?, or should I fly with Avianca FF program (LifeMiles) even though I have not status
Let me know your thoughts!
Thanks
Old Jul 4, 2019, 6:33 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
You don't have to choose Lifemiles, you could credit the flights to any *A partner programme.

Just make sure that the fare you've booked credits to your chosen programme. https://www.wheretocredit.com/avianca

Only you can really decide whether you want to start collecting a new mileage currency or just stick with what you know. It's very complicated to give broad advice but Lifemiles generally charges more miles for a reward than Iberia.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.