Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

How to assign a bassinet or handicap J seat?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 30, 2019, 4:19 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Many

So, in their infinite wisdom, the idiots at Iberia took me off the AA codeshare I was on at 6am LAX-JFK, connecting to the early JFK-MAD in seat 2A and put me on a 1230am LAX-JFK. I called in because this was totally unacceptable. They offered to put me on 10am LAX-JFK with AA which works fine, but on the late JFK-MAD EVERY window seat is X'd out in their system. As per expert flyer the windows in row and 3 an 9 (both sides) are not taken, but the system shows them X'd out to the agent. It tells the agent row 9 are "cots" which she seemed to indicate meant bassinet and I see on EF that row 3 have handicap signs. Is there a way to force the agents to assign me one of the windows? I don't want to fly in a middle seat, which is WHY I booked my flight months ago and selected a seat, Iberia undid all my careful planning. OW Emerald if it helps. Quite frustrated with Iberia. Never again.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 5:52 pm

I don't understand. If your LAX-JFK flight was cancelled or rescheduled, wouldn't your quarrel be with AA?

When is your flight? I would be surprised if there are no window seats at check in.
Old Apr 30, 2019, 6:33 pm

Location: exUA1K, UA MM, lifetime UA1P, AA MM, HH Diamond, Marriott Gold
OP, there's nothing to see over the Atlantic Ocean!

Those inside aisle seats are pretty good.

Also, those handicap seats are reserved for those that need them to be close to the lavs.. Are you physically challenged?????

Yes, often the IB service can certainly be disappointing!

Last edited by roberto99; Apr 30, 2019 at 6:43 pm
Old May 12, 2019, 4:58 am
Suspended
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Yllanes
I don't understand. If your LAX-JFK flight was cancelled or rescheduled, wouldn't your quarrel be with AA?

When is your flight? I would be surprised if there are no window seats at check in.
the ticket was issued with IB. The LAX-JFK was moved to a more convenient time, however the late IB JFK-MAD has all windows shown as blocked or occupied. As a OW Emerald shouldn’t I be able to assign now and not wait for check-in? I prefer single windows and not being part of the 2 in the 1-2-1 middle.
Old May 16, 2019, 11:28 am
Suspended
Original Poster

EF still shows 4 window seats unoccupied, but IB.com has them blocked. If I call in, as a OW Emerald will they unblock and assign for me, or I need to wait until check-in? Also, it seems in rebooking me, IB have mistakenly booked me into F on the AA A321T for my transcon (was booked in J). I have selected a seat and everything, any chance this will stand up?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.