Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Reclaim of Air Pasenger Duty on Flights not taken

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 21, 2019, 7:45 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA SILVER

Pardon me posting a pretty basic point
I am a BA Sapphire/ Silver member and last October booked two tickets through Iberia to fly BA Club Europe early in March from London to Spain. Each return fare showed taxes/duty of GBP 49.46 per personUnfortunately at present I am very unwell and am unable to travel.

BA has shown very welcome flexibilty to Silver Card holders in the past.

Accordingly prior to the date of travel I telephoned Iberia Customer Services to seek a refund or transfer of ticket to another date. I was told to contact Iberia again on the date of travel. I rang that morning and was told that they would not refund GBP 98.92 for the taxes and duty for two people.

I am aware that APD is not paid to the authorities by the airline if a passenger does not travel. Have written twice to Ibeia Oro with no response which is very disappointing for a BA Sapphire member

Can anyone advise me the way toobtain a refund as the Iberia website seems quite unyielding on this point

With thanks
Old Mar 21, 2019, 10:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
They will refund, minus 30€ per person.
Old Mar 23, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Thanks for the advice

The sums are minimal but it is a question of principle. Had hoped for better from IAG

Have sent a chaser regardimg claim but no response to date.
Will let you know the outcome

Last edited by SAGAMAN; Apr 22, 2019 at 1:14 am Reason: spelling
Old Apr 22, 2019, 1:14 am
Original Poster

Eventually received refund to my credit card but no reply to my emails

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.