Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IB+ hotel redemption is not a RSVP but a voucher

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 26, 2018, 4:51 pm
Original Poster

Had a few leftover Avios and booked 1 night in the spring at a HI Xpress in SEA. IB claimed the Avios and gave me a voucher for the room. I called the hotel and they have no reservation for me.

Talked with IB+ folks and they re-stated I have a "guaranteed voucher". No where on this voucher are any instructions to the hotel on how to redeem it. I'll be laughed out of the lobby.
Old Nov 27, 2018, 9:21 am

Programs: BA Silver
This is quite normal with IB redemptions and nothing to worry about. The hotel will have a reservation assigned to the travel company IB uses (they use a few different ones) but the hotel usually won't receive your name from the travel provider until sometimes only a few days before check-in. They will get your name eventually and you almost certainly won't need to provide the voucher when you arrive.

I recently checked into 3 hotels in the USA booked with IB Avios using the same system and they all had my name when I arrived and the voucher stayed in my bag!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.