Wiki Posts
Search

Seat Guru BC Seat Incorrect on new 359?

Search this Thread

Old Nov 8, 2018, 1:45 pm
Original Poster

Programs: Marriott Titanium, IHG Platinum Ambassador, AA Gold
Seat Guru BC Seat Incorrect on new 359?

This is my second post so I cannot put a link to Seat Guru. However, if you look up the Iberia 350-900 on Seat Guru you will see it.

I originally booked AA award MileSAAver business class award and was put on Iberia 340-600 (ORD - MAD). AA was able to assign me to seat 3L. Last week, Iberia changed the plane to the new 350-900. Pleasantly surprised, I checked on SeatGuru and my seat assignment (3L) does not exist. I called AA and the nice agent told me that Seat Guru is mistaken- 3L does exist on the new 350-900. I have no reason to doubt the agent but wondered if anyone else noticed this? How often is Seat Guru incorrect?
Old Nov 8, 2018, 2:30 pm

Originally Posted by NativePhD
How often is Seat Guru incorrect?
Very often.

Rows on IB J are 1-2-1 but staggered. In one row the single seats are C/J, closer to the aisle, and in the next they are A/L, closer to the window (more private).
Old Nov 9, 2018, 2:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by NativePhD
How often is Seat Guru incorrect?
Often.

Even then, SG sometimes shows various configurations for a specific airline / aircraft combination, which may well be true but doesn't really help you figure out which configuration you'll end up getting.

I suppose it's useful if you are curious, but you cannot rely on anything SG shows.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.