Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

BA4269/IB6253 Diverted to BOS - Help please.

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:12 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC

Sorry I know this is more IB/BA but this forum tends to be more active and I'd ideally like some speedy responses if possible.

MAD-JFK today/now was diverted to BOS and is now (11.40pm UK) sat parked at BOS, all pax are still onboard. Can anyone advise why it has been diverted and what the next steps are for the flight?

Will they be dumped in BOS tonight? What are options if you guys can help at all?
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:36 pm

Programs: BAEC Silver,clubcard,clubcard plus, BA Amex................ And Mucci x3 ;)
No idea on the reason. But it’s likely medical or because of slot delays at jfk.

If it’s either of those and the crew don’t time out the chances are they will await a slot time at jfk while on the ground in Boston then fly the short hop to jfk

however it could be mechanical, which if they are still onboard and not at a gate shut down seems unlikely.

I woild say chances are they will continue to jfk but that’s a guess as iv no ideal on the IB ships reason for the divert or the situation at jfk tonight.

cs
rockflyertalk likes this.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:44 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Mucci, BA, AF
Seems like quite a few delays at JFK tonight. From the flight path it doesn't look like a tech or medical issue, so likely JFK congestion. ExpertFlyer mentions low visibility at JFK.

JFK's website has it departing BOS at 21:00.
Old Nov 2, 2018, 6:51 pm
Moderator: British Airways Executive Club

Programs: Battleaxe Alliance
The thread is about Iberia and therefore has been moved from the BA forum to IB forum.

LTN Phobia
Moderator: BA forum
Old Nov 2, 2018, 8:45 pm
Moderator, Amtrak & Spirit Airlines

Programs: AC 50K, AS MVP, AA Plat Pro, DL Plat, UA Silver, IHG Spire, Marriott Titanium, Hertz PC
I am sitting in jfk now waiting for a delayed lhr service. That diverted iberia flight is heading to jfk right now.

Edit: they just announced a 1am boarding for the flight back to MAD. Ouch that's going to be a rough night for those passengers.

Last edited by Long Train Runnin; Nov 2, 2018 at 8:53 pm
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:16 am
Original Poster

Programs: BAEC
Sorry to drag up an old thread of mine, but I'm trying to understand whether this flight MAD - JFK on the 2nd Nov IB6253 (diverted to BOS) but eventually landed at JFK, is worthy of a EC261 claim, if at all?

How do I get the exact flight times up for a flight quite far in the past? (I've been slow at getting round to this but it was always in the back of mind to find out if its worth pursuing!)
Old Dec 17, 2018, 11:41 am

Programs: KLM/AF Platinum for life, IHG Platinum, Accor Platinum
Weather delay of significant proportions (i.e. lots of flights from multiple carriers). No claim possible.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.