Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Business class long-haul; day or night flight?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 23, 2018, 7:54 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat

I have an upcoming trip where I could take either a day flight or night flight, as my schedule would easily cater for either. Having never flown IB business before, is the experience worth spending ~10 hours on a day flight (lunch/dinner, drinks, movies), or would you rather just sleep through it?
Old Oct 23, 2018, 8:02 am

Programs: British Airways Gold
Sleep through it
casomers likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
I tend to take the day flights, but that's because I'm too tall to really sleep well in IB's J seats. It's also a bit annoying to try to get into your hotel room at 10am or whenever...

But you certainly won't miss much by eating dinner in the Madrid lounge and sleeping most of the way to your destination.
Old Oct 23, 2018, 10:53 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
I do the Bs As route fairly often . I prefer the day flight as I adjust more quickly to the local times.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 1:35 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by malagajohn
I do the Bs As route fairly often . I prefer the day flight as I adjust more quickly to the local times.
It took me awhile to clue into "day or night flights", as I associate "day flight" with the East Coast to Europe flights where you can grab a morning departure, evening arrival for flights such as JFK-LHR.

As for Iberia, there aren't many routes that offer both options. MAD-EZE for sure. MAD-MEX? SCL?
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:09 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold; Marriott Plat
Sorry, this is actually MAD - EZE, either:
  • 09:00 - 17:55
  • 12:05 - 21:00
  • 23:50 - 08:35
Based on the above comments, and being >190cm tall, I'm leaning towards the midday flight.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 2:43 am
Marriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Hilton Diamond, Marriott Platinum, Hyatt Globalist, United Platinum Premier, AF/KLM Platinum
Long haul flights, take the redeye one. Even during day flights, they turn up the heat, dim the lights and give you your bottle of shut-up water in BC. At least with a nightflight, you will probably be tired enough to sleep.
casomers likes this.
Old Oct 24, 2018, 6:39 am

Programs: IB , BA , AA , LATAM
Originally Posted by ajbrowc
Sorry, this is actually MAD - EZE, either:
  • 09:00 - 17:55
  • 12:05 - 21:00
  • 23:50 - 08:35
Based on the above comments, and being >190cm tall, I'm leaning towards the midday flight.
The 09.00 is a new rotation which doesnt operate every day . I havent tried that one

The midday one allows me to have adecent meal , some decent mine , enjoy a siesta , then catch up with some work or watch a film

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.