Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

booking ticket using avios for the family, including infant

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 6, 2018, 10:39 am
jk2
Original Poster

I am going to redeem Avios points on AA flight for my family - 2 adults and 2 children, one of them in 1y/o. I see a message on the booking page that for infants you have to call to book a flight. Since IB call centers are not the easy to deal with, I am wondering if it is OK to book flights for 2 adults + 1 child online (flights are displayed), and then call IB to add infant (in laps)?

Did anybody have any experience with booking award tickets for infants?
Old Jul 6, 2018, 12:00 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
If you choose to add an infant later, you will probably end up in a never-ending circle where AA tell you to call IB and IB tell you to call AA.

And once you book a reward on AA, it will be non-refundable and non-changeable. So if you can't manage to get the infant added, you'll be stuck... (and that includes if IB agents say that "non-changeable" includes making the adjustment to add the infant.)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.