Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Has IAG suspended 'Combine My Avios'?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 4, 2018, 8:59 am

I'm not understanding why some want to transfer the points over to BA? What has the exec club got that you can't get with Iberia?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:11 am

Programs: BAEC
Originally Posted by Lizie
I'm not understanding why some want to transfer the points over to BA? What has the exec club got that you can't get with Iberia?
One-way, cancellable, partner flights.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:13 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, HHonors Diamond, Marriott Gold
RFS and Amex 241s.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 9:15 am

Programs: QF Plat, BA GGL, VA Silver, SQ Gold, IHG Gold, HH Diamond, Accor Plat, Hertz Pres Circle
If you earn avios into IB, from say crediting a flight, does that raise the transfer cap from the pre-bonus balance amount?
Old Jul 4, 2018, 12:53 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
The people doing this are planning to abandon their IB+ accounts with a minus 90K balance when all is said and done.

If IAG gets really aggressive they'll claw the Avios back from BAEC. It's a relatively risky travel hack - it will be easy for IB+ to audit any accounts that end up negative, and they will know exactly where the Avios were transferred to - so mostly relevant for those who can live with being kicked out of Avios.
Lizie likes this.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 1:38 pm

Originally Posted by craigthemif
The people doing this are planning to abandon their IB+ accounts with a minus 90K balance when all is said and done.
Really? Don't think I'd want to upset Iberia too much given their low fees on awards plus, they may run further generous offers. I did very well out of their Avis promotion a few years back.
Old Jul 4, 2018, 6:03 pm

Also wanna transfer 4000 points i got over in my BA account to top up my IB+ but cant
Old Jul 5, 2018, 1:18 am

Programs: BA Silver, TK ElitePlus
Have you tried doing this from your IB account? When I login on my BAEC account I get an error message, but not so from my IB account. Need to add that I didn't actually transfer anything (yet) but still was able to logon to IB and link my BAEC account...
JJBe
Old Jul 5, 2018, 2:12 am

Originally Posted by JJBe
Have you tried doing this from your IB account? When I login on my BAEC account I get an error message, but not so from my IB account. Need to add that I didn't actually transfer anything (yet) but still was able to logon to IB and link my BAEC account...
JJBe
Thanks for sharing. I tried from my IB Account and get the same exact error as on the BAEC website. Not sure what the issue is.

Error 404--Not Found

From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:

10.4.5 404 Not Found

The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 4:27 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Godsavethepoints is reporting that this may have been suspended permanently .
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:02 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by flyuk
When a blog reports "may have" you can substitute "may not have" and it means exactly the same thing.
KARFA likes this.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:15 am

Programs: Junior Jet Club, Nando's Card 1 Red Chilli, Tesco Clubcard, BAEC Gold, TK M&S Elite
Fair point.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:34 am

Programs: BA GGL
Yeh it's absolute codswallop! Just transferred some Avios from Iberia Plus to BAEC. Wasn't bonus Avios, but other already in my account.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 5:37 am

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by flyuk
I just transferred 2k Avios from Iberia (not earned through the recent 9k promotion) successfully to my Avios.com account. I tried to transfer an amount higher than the 9k (the amount I earned through the promotion by being too cautious) and it was rejected. I now have the exactly amount I need for my flight after over transferring.

I tried to do this yesterday with no success so the issue should be resolved, or soon will be.
Old Jul 6, 2018, 6:08 am

I just managed to transfer 10k from BA to IB.
Cheers

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.