Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Community
Wiki Posts
Search
Old Jul 11, 2018, 12:05 pm
FlyerTalk Forums Expert How-Tos and Guides
Last edit by: jbfield
  • Login problems: If you have trouble logging into the Iberia website, type in your number and password by hand instead of using autocomplete. For some people this fixes login issues.
  • Partner awards: Many flights on partners will not be available as one-way. You must redeem AA flights as a round trip for example
  • Cancellations: Iberia awards on AA cannot be cancelled.
Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking 21/JUN to 24/JUN on iberia.com
Terms and conditions of the offer are to be found here in post 14.
Data Points for those whose points did not post in the initial batch on 3-4 July.

Please do a separate data point for each account. If you opened accounts for others (spouse, child, parent, etc), please make a separate entry for each account you opened. Please follow the formatting below so we have some consistency. If you're a new user and can't post to the wiki, please post your data point as a reply to the thread and someone will add it to the wiki on your behalf.

Format
USER / OWNER / ACCT / YEAR / DOCS? / VERIFIED? / POSTED? / # PTS / MISSING / DENIAL REASON / FURTHER STEPS
Legend
USER: Your FT username
OWNER: SELF or WIFE/CHILD/MOM/DAD/etc. Owner of the account (i.e. the name on the account).
ACCT: NEW or OLD. New = created during promo period. Old = created prior to promo period.
YEAR: Optional. Year account opened.
DOCS?: DOCS or NO DOCS. Did you submit identity documentation to IB?
VERIFIED: VERIFIED or UNVERIFIED. Has IB actually verified the docs you submitted yet (via email confirmation)?
POSTED?: POSTED or NOT POSTED. Points posted to account?
# PTS: How many points have posted to the account so far?
MISSING: How many points (that were expected) did not actually post?
DENIAL REASON: If you've been denied or are in limbo, what was the reason stated? INCONSISTENCIES, REFUNDS, WAITING, etc.
FURTHER STEPS: Have you done anything further to contact IB about the issue? What have you done? Complaints to DOT, EU, IB, etc. or NONE
Data Points:
mickeyjaw / SELF / OLD / 2016 / NO DOCS / NA / PARTIALLY POSTED / 45k PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
swingaling / WIFE / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / INCONSISTENCIES / DOT and IB
Surface Interval / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 90k PTS / 0k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Self / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Diannap / Husband / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 9k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
Junior_2J&K / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED /
POSTED on 07/17 / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / IB - canned response
OC_Matt / Self / Old / 2015 / NO DOCS / N/A /POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 8/21)
OC_Matt / Wife / New / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE (updated 7/17)
OC_Matt / Friend / New / 2018 / NO DOCS / N/A / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
OverTheHorizon / Self / 2013 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 81k PTS / 9K MISSING / NONE / IB - canned response to detailed email, waiting and seeing !!
FlyingPenguin / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 0 PTS / 90k MISSING / WAITING / NONE
zsc / self / old (dormant) / 2017 / NO DOCS / N/A /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / NONE
DeJar/ self / New (old account inaccessible) / 208 / Docs / Verified / 0pts / 90k Missing / DECLINED 07/20/2018 (requesting reconsideration) / None - notice frim IB seems to confirm promo Avios will be posted
zebranz / Self / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #1son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / WAITING / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 81K-9K just showed up without asking- 18 July!
zebranz / #2son / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
zebranz / daughter-in-law / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / IB - Recvd 17 Jul 90K
Bobdh13 / SELF / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / VERIFIED /
POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 18 JULY
Bobdh13 / BROTHER / NEW / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / POSTED / 90k PTS / 0 MISSING / DONE / RECEIVED 19 JULY
elmoufoken / SELF / New / 2018 / DOCS / UNVERIFIED / NOT POSTED / 90K PTS / Duplicate Account / IB+ call center operator confirmed I dont have duplicate account, Sent email to IB+ with doc and form, account still locked. 9 of 10 booking got cancelled by them without my instruction, deposit of 7 out of 8 have not been refunded. 1 booking still alive.
jbfield/ SELF/ OLD / many years ago / No Docs / NA / POSTED / 81k PTS / 9000 MISSING / IB Agreed they should be credited / Chased up multiple times. RECEIVED 20 Nov '19
Print Wikipost

Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com

Search this Thread

Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:44 pm
inY

To be clear, this page still shows it: https://www.iberia.com/es/offer/iber...ip-with-avios/ but it's no longer advertised on the home page.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 4:46 pm

ah gotcha, yeah I was referring to the homepage. That is an interesting path name though in the url, "/win-a-trip-with-avios/"
Old Jun 24, 2018, 5:21 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Top Tier with all 3 alliances
Originally Posted by Mitz9060
ah gotcha, yeah I was referring to the homepage. That is an interesting path name though in the url, "/win-a-trip-with-avios/"
It was showing on the main homepage for the US site at least until 30 min after Madrid midnight time, but not anymore, they probably went with Canary Islands midnight time.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 6:01 pm

Programs: UA PP (2MM), BA gold
Originally Posted by str1der2903
Called Iberia - got through their customer service desk after 30 mins of holding. They say that avios will only be honored if you made the booking on the website using the specific link. they had no answer when i said my app tickets are issued by iberia.com as well - agent said she will escalate all ten tickets to get an answer on whether or not i will get the promo avios

Another interesting fact - i asked her to then cancel my bookings from the app and that I would try to book via the website. given i booked less than 24 hours ago i expected a full refund - SHE SAID ALL APP BOOKINGS ARE MADE IN SPAIN AND DOT REGULATIONS OF 24 HOUR REFUNDS DONT APPLY. What bull crap is that - i told her to provide me proof via email saying this and she said call center can't send emails. I will wait to see if avios post and if they don't i will escalate to DOT and my credit card issuer
USA website did not require a link...
Not sure about where app site directs you, just the ticket confirmation shows Iberia.com and if you go to Iberia.com and change country, address still shows as iberia.com
Guess we will see in 8 days.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:00 pm

It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow as there is a 24-hour cancellation policy. (I'm unsure which countries this applies to - might be all.)
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:19 pm

Originally Posted by _nate
It will be interesting to see what happens tomorrow as there is a 24-hour cancellation policy. (I'm unsure which countries this applies to - might be all.)
Iberia has 24hr free holds, but I don't think they offer a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you booked the cheapest flights those aren't touch the US so the DOT mandate holds no weight here.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:31 pm

Programs: Alaska,AC,Avios,
Can some one pls explain the december 1st deadline ? is it to book the award flight or to actually fly?
Old Jun 24, 2018, 9:59 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AF Platinum, EK Gold, AA EXP, UA 1K, Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by tdot_guy
Can some one pls explain the december 1st deadline ? is it to book the award flight or to actually fly?
Book by December 1st.
Old Jun 24, 2018, 10:49 pm

Programs: AA DL B6 F9 WN
Heads up to all those who created new accounts and IB numbers right before making the reservations. It is very likely that your new number has not been activated since it takes 24-48 hours and therefore it is not linked to your reservations. I called Iberia and they asked whether I had created the account before making the reservations and had to submit the 10 confirmation numbers manually to their supervisors for them to show up on the Avios promotion.

The agent also mentioned the avios will be posting after the flight is taken which is the opposite of what the website said. We'll see how this goes.

FYI Spanish Call center had no wait time
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:11 am

Programs: DL-Silver; BA-Bronze
Originally Posted by Persistence3x

The agent also mentioned the avios will be posting after the flight is taken which is the opposite of what the website said. We'll see how this goes.
Wonder how that will work for flights booked after December 1 since all avios have to be used by then.
ElJudioErrante and davm666 like this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 12:56 am

Programs: BAGGL, A3G, Accor Gold, Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, LHW Sterling
Originally Posted by Persistence3x
Heads up to all those who created new accounts and IB numbers right before making the reservations. It is very likely that your new number has not been activated since it takes 24-48 hours and therefore it is not linked to your reservations. I called Iberia and they asked whether I had created the account before making the reservations and had to submit the 10 confirmation numbers manually to their supervisors for them to show up on the Avios promotion.

FYI Spanish Call center had no wait time
i think the last part is the conversation mentioned in post #386 !
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:09 am

Programs: BA GGL for a little while longer
As a data point, when I log into my IB+ account:

(In the App)
  • I can find all 10 bookings and they look normal
(On the website)
  • I can find each of my 10 bookings and they all look normal
  • The Combine My Avios link has disappeared - only the option to Purchase remains...
Not sure if that's an omen or a glitch
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:47 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Avis Preferred, Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by OverTheHorizon
As a data point, when I log into my IB+ account:

(In the App)
  • I can find all 10 bookings and they look normal
(On the website)
  • I can find each of my 10 bookings and they all look normal
  • The Combine My Avios link has disappeared - only the option to Purchase remains...
Not sure if that's an omen or a glitch

Dumb question maybe, but is there supposed to be a 'my upcoming trips' or similar on the IB+ profile page? If there is then I can't seem to find it. I seem to only be able to find my bookings manually by entering the booking reference and surname...
Old Jun 25, 2018, 2:51 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw
Dumb question maybe, but is there supposed to be a 'my upcoming trips' or similar on the IB+ profile page? If there is then I can't seem to find it. I seem to only be able to find my bookings manually by entering the booking reference and surname...
Your flights -> Check-In Online

That's where I find the list. Not an obvious place to look with flights months in the future.
mickeyjaw likes this.
Old Jun 25, 2018, 3:25 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by Viajero Millero
Iberia has 24hr free holds, but I don't think they offer a 24-hour cancellation policy. If you booked the cheapest flights those aren't touch the US so the DOT mandate holds no weight here.
DOT is not going to get involved in disputes with a Spanish airline over Spanish domestic tickets. Sorry folks, You're dreaming if you think otherwise. And good luck with your credit card companies since the contract you entered into upon purchase is a flight from Point A to Point B (which will clearly be honoured), not for 9,000 Avios.

AFAIK Iberia also does not offer a 24-hour cancellation policy. What they offer is a 72-hour hold by paying 5 euros. (which is taken off your purchase price if you complete the transaction)

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.