FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1915681-iberia-plus-offer-9000-per-booking-21-24-june-2018-iberia-com.html)

c1223 Jul 2, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by Bobbex (Post 29930363)
It may be a glitch, or unique to my account, but it looks like they have zeroed out availability on longhaul routes. Routes that had lots of availability a few hours ago, from now until the middle next year, are now showing nothing in any class.
​​​​​​
Bob

Probably just the route you're looking at. I'm looking at MAD - UIO which shows tons of business availability. I guess it isn't such a popular route, but still, only one flight a day.

brody24 Jul 2, 2018 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by osxunf (Post 29930399)
Can anyone confirm that availability on longhaul routes are gone?

Can't log into Iberia Plus because of locked account so I have no way of checking

c1223 Jul 2, 2018 2:54 pm

What route are you looking to get on? Looked at a random selection and there's still plenty of availability.

Bobbex Jul 2, 2018 2:59 pm

Originally Posted by c1223 (Post 29930403)
Probably just the route you're looking at. I'm looking at MAD - UIO which shows tons of business availability. I guess it isn't such a popular route, but still, only one flight a day.

Thanks for checking. I had a look and couldn't see anything for the next 9 months on that route in either direction. It sounds like it is an issue with my account so I will take another look at it in the morning.

Bob

RyanPerkins Jul 2, 2018 3:26 pm

So potentially interesting data point(?) The new account I created for my partner on 6/22 is #86828xxx . Someone posted this screengrab on the Iberia twitter (below), their number 86869xxx. Do these numbers get issued numerically 1 at a time? If so, it looks like there are at least 40k new accounts that were created over that weekend!

https://cimg3.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...46ecc919e2.jpg

paffendorf Jul 2, 2018 3:31 pm

With all the due respect for others expressing different opinions, this is my personal POV (i'm in the deal):

- I think IB is behaving correctly.
- They are confirming they want to honour the promo
- They seem to be ok with crediting avios to both pre-existing and new members
- They are enforcing rules and T&C, in the exact way we accepted them upon registration.
- I think that the idea of checking new accounts to prevent frauds / cheating / breaching of rules / double accounts / accounts under fictitious either name of convenience is not only correct but healthy too! I strongly encourage IB to proceed like this.
- I always try to get all I can from mistake fares and such crazy promo, and I don't want to put the matter under an ethical light, but if you play borderline I think it's fair to expect the airline to play borderline as well.
- I agree IB should try to check everything in a reasonable time frame.
- About the customer service provided over the phone, I would suggest everyone to think at how many phone calls are they getting by people about this. I'm not justifying them, simply try to be sympathetic about an over-stressing situation.
my 0,02$

chejus Jul 2, 2018 3:33 pm

Agree 100%

brody24 Jul 2, 2018 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by paffendorf (Post 29930534)
With all the due respect for others expressing different opinions, this is my personal POV (i'm in the deal):

- I think IB is behaving correctly.
- They are confirming they want to honour the promo
- They seem to be ok with crediting avios to both pre-existing and new members
- They are enforcing rules and T&C, in the exact way we accepted them upon registration.
- I think that the idea of checking new accounts to prevent frauds / cheating / breaching of rules / double accounts / accounts under fictitious either name of convenience is not only correct but healthy too! I strongly encourage IB to proceed like this.
- I always try to get all I can from mistake fares and such crazy promo, and I don't want to put the matter under an ethical light, but if you play borderline I think it's fair to expect the airline to play borderline as well.
- I agree IB should try to check everything in a reasonable time frame.
- About the customer service provided over the phone, I would suggest everyone to think at how many phone calls are they getting by people about this. I'm not justifying them, simply try to be sympathetic about an over-stressing situation.
my 0,02$

Agree completely. The only item lacking is communication. Where is the mass email to new accounts outlining this info in a concise manner? We shouldn't be finding out about this piecemeal. If they need new accounts to provide X or Y info, then shoot around an email to all relevant accounts.

Granite64 Jul 2, 2018 3:48 pm

Not true, i'm seeing long haul J availability.

frenchft Jul 2, 2018 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by brody24 (Post 29930565)
Agree completely. The only item lacking is communication. Where is the mass email to new accounts outlining this info in a concise manner? We shouldn't be finding out about this piecemeal. If they need new accounts to provide X or Y info, then shoot around an email to all relevant accounts.

100000% agree. It's what I told them and she was even more rude after this comment, with an answer like : "we know what we have to do".
Overall, we all agree, things are going well, missing some communication and opportunities for Iberia to shine and enrolling new customers, etc.

But shutting down accounts without notice (email, etc) is not ethical neither professional. If I was not in this promotion and they act this way (and this should happen with mum and daddy booking flights during promotion period) I can tell you that I would be more than upset regarding the method used by Iberia.

Except that, pop corn time, and I'm confident too with the fact that they will post the miles. Availability is something because the more it goes the more I feel that a HUGE amount of people are in (we think about the 90K road warriors like us, but this applies to ALL the booking made during promotion time). I'm pretty sure we talk about Millions of plane tickets.

paffendorf Jul 2, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by brody24 (Post 29930565)

uhm... I think that for sure they're not the best CS in the world but we should also agree they are keeping to give some information through social netowrks (maybe unclear, maybe confusing, maybe partial... but at least they keep to do that) ... I mean: about the famous IST-JNB AF F deal... I got my ticket changed and NONE informed me in any way after two months.... no e-mail, no phone calls, no TA comunication, no official announcement.
I'm pretty sure they will make some form of public announcement in the next few days. To be frank it's 6 working days since the end of promotion.... ;)
cheers Luke

frenchft Jul 2, 2018 3:49 pm

Originally Posted by Granite64 (Post 29930579)
Not true, i'm seeing long haul J availability.

you guys knows if expert flyer is accurate with Iberia flights and one world availability.
Sorry for the noob question, but I'm not a oneworld/avios guy

frenchft Jul 2, 2018 3:50 pm

Originally Posted by paffendorf (Post 29930583)
uhm... I think that for sure they're not the best CS in the world but we should also agree they are keeping to give some information through social netowrks (maybe unclear, maybe confusing, maybe partial... but at least they keep to do that) ... I mean: about the famous IST-JNB AF F deal... I got my ticket changed and NONE informed me in any way after two months.... no e-mail, no phone calls, no TA comunication, no official announcement.
I'm pretty sure they will make some form of public announcement in the next few days. To be frank it's 6 working days since the end of promotion.... ;)
cheers Luke

AF... worst in the league... total mess, promotion or not, error fare or not. I avoid them like pledge )))

brody24 Jul 2, 2018 3:53 pm

Originally Posted by paffendorf (Post 29930583)
cheers Luke

Not all of us check social media nor should there be any obligation to do so when your account is shut down and you have no idea why. If they want to shut down an account and request more info, thats fine. I totally get why they are doing it. But its incumbent on them to promptly inform people about it in a uniform manner. All of us with locked accounts should know (i) why its locked, and (ii) how to get it unlocked. Thats the most basic information possible and it could only benefit Iberia to provide that info uniformly.

ChocolateFactory Jul 2, 2018 3:54 pm

Regarding award availability:
I was looking at longhaul ex MAD on IB metal, J availability has gone from 6 to 0 (had been available for months). Only Y is available now.
However with a different departure city, i.e. XXX-MAD-YYY, the same flight is still available (married segments).