FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1915681-iberia-plus-offer-9000-per-booking-21-24-june-2018-iberia-com.html)

Woodbinerich Jun 22, 2018 12:52 am

I consistently get this problem with Iberia. I phoned them last night. still waiting for a password link!

Woodbinerich Jun 22, 2018 12:53 am

When I phoned them last night, they told me the website works much better with Mozilla Firefox! This may help generally with functionality on the website, but yet to test it myself.

unrealdan Jun 22, 2018 12:59 am

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 29893531)
Is anyone else having a problem logging in to their Iberia account during booking?

I made one booking and just added my Iberia Plus number later on in the booking process (without logging in) but I am afraid that will void the promotion.

I keep getting the error (and yes, I am using the correct number and pin):

The combination of the number of Iberia Plus card and the password that you have entered is not correct.
Please check the Iberia Plus entered and reenter the right password. (I599)

I always have this problem with IB's shower of a website.

Anyway, the terms say "Avios will be added within 10 days of the purchase to the Iberia Plus account of all customers identified as members of the Iberia Plus programme during the purchase process."

Nothing about being logged in there! By providing IB number you are clearly identifying as a member.

Travel-Quinten Jun 22, 2018 3:00 am

Somebody realised those €14 fares were too cheap, they're fully gone now. PMI is around €28, but SVQ, ALC & VLC tend to be cheap as well (and flyable during daytime, if tempted).

ottorockit Jun 22, 2018 3:05 am

Ibera said you have to log in to get the 9000 points.

Yes total different then stated in the terms, but as you know....they are Iberia

DrRodneyMcKay Jun 22, 2018 3:09 am

I'd be much more worried about, say, an account being closed if you book 10 super cheap fares and don't fly most of them. I've never had an Iberia Avios account before and am tempted to get one, but this may also end in me never having one again from the sound of it.

ottorockit Jun 22, 2018 3:31 am

Originally Posted by DrRodneyMcKay (Post 29893798)
I'd be much more worried about, say, an account being closed if you book 10 super cheap fares and don't fly most of them. I've never had an Iberia Avios account before and am tempted to get one, but this may also end in me never having one again from the sound of it.

Yes indeed, but then you are 90K miles further ;)

PLATINOIB Jun 22, 2018 3:34 am

The cheapest one way that I can find is AGP-MAD for 24,90 Euros. Any other suggestions? I'm trying to find flights around April/May/June 2019 (later dates that Iberia allow to buy tickets).

cgtechuk Jun 22, 2018 3:49 am

Originally Posted by Travel-Quinten (Post 29893779)
Somebody realised those €14 fares were too cheap, they're fully gone now. PMI is around €28, but SVQ, ALC & VLC tend to be cheap as well (and flyable during daytime, if tempted).

Im pretty sure they weren't removed,

Just all booked!

ottorockit Jun 22, 2018 3:52 am

Can you also use Avios for booking reward flights for company or only for the cardholder?

mickeyjaw Jun 22, 2018 3:59 am

Originally Posted by ottorockit (Post 29893865)
Can you also use Avios for booking reward flights for company or only for the cardholder?

Certainly from BA.com and Avios.com you can book for anyone, not just the cardholder. Never tried on Iberia.com but I imagine it would be the same...

cysyuen Jun 22, 2018 4:09 am

Originally Posted by mickeyjaw (Post 29893874)
Certainly from BA.com and Avios.com you can book for anyone, not just the cardholder. Never tried on Iberia.com but I imagine it would be the same...

You can certainly book for anyone on Iberia.

Booked my 8 single tickets for MAD-PMI-MAD, effectively four return flights. Now I just need to book positioning to Spain.

The_Bouncer Jun 22, 2018 4:31 am

Originally Posted by PLATINOIB (Post 29893840)
The cheapest one way that I can find is AGP-MAD for 24,90 Euros. Any other suggestions? I'm trying to find flights around April/May/June 2019 (later dates that Iberia allow to buy tickets).

So let me get this straight. For 250 bucks I can spend a couple of days shuttling between MAD and AGP, boozing the PP lounges out of house and home and picking up 90k Avios, plus what I earn from the flights? As long as I spend them by December 1 (even for a flight up to another 11 months in advance)?

craigthemif Jun 22, 2018 5:04 am

Originally Posted by Woodbinerich (Post 29893590)
When I phoned them last night, they told me the website works much better with Mozilla Firefox! This may help generally with functionality on the website, but yet to test it myself.

Firefox and Internet Explorer work. Google Chrome is hit and miss.

https://insideflyer.co.uk/2018/06/ha...-a-simple-fix/

Originally Posted by cysyuen (Post 29893895)
You can certainly book for anyone on Iberia.

I believe you have to set them up as "Beneficiaries" if they aren't travelling on the same booking as the IB+ member.

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer (Post 29893926)
So let me get this straight. For 250 bucks I can spend a couple of days shuttling between MAD and AGP, boozing the PP lounges out of house and home and picking up 90k Avios, plus what I earn from the flights? As long as I spend them by December 1 (even for a flight up to another 11 months in advance)?

Since this promo appears too good to be true, it's worth keeping in mind that Iberia might just decide it made a mistake or magically come up with new T&Cs. This is the kind of promo I'd expect from an AirBerlin or Alitalia on its deathbed...

PLATINOIB Jun 22, 2018 5:36 am

Originally Posted by The_Bouncer (Post 29893926)

I found a better price for route Santander to Madrid that with the discount code PEREGRINO is 21,85 euros.