FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1915681-iberia-plus-offer-9000-per-booking-21-24-june-2018-iberia-com.html)

craigthemif Jul 28, 2020 6:24 am

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy (Post 32563709)
I seem to remember a post somewhere here in this thread that someone mentioned that in such a case maybe if i will in the future use 'combine my avios' the system may remember my old IB account etc, anyone?

Yes, if you link back to the same BA account as before, you might get caught out.

Ajm1987 Aug 23, 2020 12:05 pm

Covid rebooking policy for bookings with 90k Avios

Hi all,

I have a return to Colombia booked for mid November - I booked it with the 90k promo Avios and have since changed the dates several times. Does anyone know if I now get the Avios back if I cancel it? I seem to recall you lost the Avios if you cancelled after a certain date.

Thanks,
Andrew

AlexMC Oct 30, 2020 8:43 pm

Originally Posted by Ajm1987 (Post 32624550)
Hi all,

I have a return to Colombia booked for mid November - I booked it with the 90k promo Avios and have since changed the dates several times. Does anyone know if I now get the Avios back if I cancel it? I seem to recall you lost the Avios if you cancelled after a certain date.

Thanks,
Andrew

That's exactly my case now. I still have two J tickets from MAD to GIG for the beginning of november (cancelled flight). It seems requesting for a voucher online will reimburse avios and fees. But I'd like to confirm if anyone here has had this experience? What is the validity of avios returned to Iberia account?

momoflyingguy Nov 1, 2020 1:16 am

Hi all,
Thanks,
Andrew

Originally Posted by AlexMC (Post 32784374)
That's exactly my case now. I still have two J tickets from MAD to GIG for the beginning of november (cancelled flight). It seems requesting for a voucher online will reimburse avios and fees. But I'd like to confirm if anyone here has had this experience? What is the validity of avios returned to Iberia account?

no idea, but please post here what happens...

AlexMC Nov 11, 2020 3:20 pm

Hi all,

Thanks,
Andrew

Originally Posted by momoflyingguy (Post 32786907)
no idea, but please post here what happens...

I can confirm that my avios returned to my account. Due to the cancellation of flights I was instructed by the call center to ask for a refund and it took around eight days to get avios back in my account. I still can't see the refund in my credit card, but I'm quite confident about it.

The missing information is about the expiring date of these avios. What is the general rule for Iberia Plus, if anyone knows?

LupineChemist Nov 18, 2020 7:57 am

Originally Posted by AlexMC (Post 32813336)
I can confirm that my avios returned to my account. Due to the cancellation of flights I was instructed by the call center to ask for a refund and it took around eight days to get avios back in my account. I still can't see the refund in my credit card, but I'm quite confident about it.

The missing information is about the expiring date of these avios. What is the general rule for Iberia Plus, if anyone knows?

In general it's 36 months since last activity. I have no idea if refunding a ticket counts as activity. If you need to keep them active you can just do a single day car rental from Avis or even just purchase a few directly.

craigthemif Nov 18, 2020 8:56 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist (Post 32828050)
I have no idea if refunding a ticket counts as activity.

It doesn't. You can easily refund an Avios ticket and have them immediately expire...

xcalx Dec 3, 2020 9:23 am

Originally Posted by LupineChemist (Post 32828050)
In general it's 36 months since last activity. I have no idea if refunding a ticket counts as activity. If you need to keep them active you can just do a single day car rental from Avis or even just purchase a few directly.

Refunding the avios is NOT classed as activity to reset the 36month timer.