FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus-683/)
-   -   Iberia Plus offer 9000 per booking, 21 to 24 June 2018 on iberia.com (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/iberia-airlines-iberia-plus/1915681-iberia-plus-offer-9000-per-booking-21-24-june-2018-iberia-com.html)

Woodbinerich Jun 21, 2018 12:48 pm

I’ve got a feeling this is going to end in tears. I’m just not sure for whom at this stage...

bisonrav Jun 21, 2018 12:58 pm

Very low chance of this sticking, particularly if you're obviously taking the piss on the PMI fares. But hey ho, it's cheap entertainment ;)

dp1586 Jun 21, 2018 1:01 pm

Interesting that the Ts and Cs dont specify the period that the flights have to be taken in so theoretically I could be awarded and spend the additional avios before I fly? Maybe the IAG intern has been at it again!

saltytheseagull Jun 21, 2018 1:09 pm

Let's see what happens. I have a feeling that I will invest more time than it is worth disputing this.

craigthemif Jun 21, 2018 2:07 pm

Originally Posted by unrealdan (Post 29891195)

Also, if you book, have them deposited in 10 days, spend them before the flight date, then don't show what are they doing to do? Give you a -9k Avios balance?

No, but in a couple of years once you've forgotten all about this promo and Combine Your Avios back into IB+, you might find them immediately disappear on you...

I personally wouldn't rely at all on simply moving the Avios to BA before December.

jongesander Jun 21, 2018 2:15 pm

Just booked two tickets. Let's see.

Lizie Jun 21, 2018 2:59 pm

A little more of the puzzle cleared. Message from Iberia 'The extra Avios must be redeemed before December 1st, but you can fly after that'.

Concerto Jun 21, 2018 3:01 pm

I’m not in on this one. Just snatching the Avios back on 1st December makes it a no go for me.

Version in German, in case anyone’s interested:

https://www.iberia.com/de/angebote/i...mpaign=de.1806

Tafflyer Jun 21, 2018 4:30 pm

So, can I transfer these bonus Avios to BA?

tsmnc Jun 21, 2018 5:56 pm

Lets give it a try. If they really paying the avios its more than worth and if not, its a small pushback - since I only booked PMI-MAD and definetly not going to fly these

Single_Flyer Jun 21, 2018 6:53 pm

Originally Posted by nmassey (Post 29891386)
minus £3.53 topcashback (assuming that tracks correctly).

Is that through a British version of TopCashBack? No Iberia on the US version.

craigthemif Jun 21, 2018 7:05 pm

Originally Posted by Single_Flyer (Post 29892835)
Is that through a British version of TopCashBack? No Iberia on the US version.

£3.53 ;)

beardie Jun 21, 2018 8:19 pm

well well well, the page crashed

The page you have requested is not available
We suggest you review the internet address requested as it may be incorrect. If it is correct we suggest that you try again after a few minutes, or select the Iberia page in for your country.
We thank you and apologise for the inconvenience. Back to home

bisonrav Jun 22, 2018 12:03 am

Might be fun to do a 10 flight long weekend flying round Spain - Palma included of course. With the possibility of a long haul redemption at the end of it. I think 10 Palma flights will sorely test Iberia's sense of humour, good luck to anyone trying that.

Single_Flyer Jun 22, 2018 12:29 am

Is anyone else having a problem logging in to their Iberia account during booking?

I made one booking and just added my Iberia Plus number later on in the booking process (without logging in) but I am afraid that will void the promotion.

I keep getting the error (and yes, I am using the correct number and pin):

The combination of the number of Iberia Plus card and the password that you have entered is not correct.
Please check the Iberia Plus entered and reenter the right password. (I599)