Search

Crappy award search website

Search this Thread

Old Mar 7, 2018, 3:33 pm
Suspended
Original Poster

Programs: Anything with sweet spots
Crappy award search website

Iberia Plus online award search website is so user-unfriendly, buggy and fastidious:
  • Captacha validation required for each date change in the search
  • Origin/destination airport selection is weird
  • Frequent timeout or flat out denials after several searches
  • No search for non-Oneworld partners
  • etc etc..
Nobody among top of Iberia executives notices or cares about user experience ?
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by MasterGeek
Nobody among top of Iberia executives notices or cares about user experience ?
Just wait until we get the combined Avios.com platform and "dynamic pricing". You'll be looking back fondly at the current IB+ set-up...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 2:18 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Originally Posted by craigthemif
Just wait until we get the combined Avios.com platform and "dynamic pricing". You'll be looking back fondly at the current IB+ set-up...
Eh, I'm generally avios rich and time poor so I'd welcome that. Peak dates has helped me a lot be able to get availability for summer holidays. I just want a unified program between BA and IB since I'd like to have some chance of op-up on BA going TATL and the ridiculous 90 vs 175 elite point barrier for BA vs. IB on TATL as well (even on AA considering the JV).
Old Mar 8, 2018, 3:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
Originally Posted by LupineChemist
Eh, I'm generally avios rich and time poor so I'd welcome that. Peak dates has helped me a lot be able to get availability for summer holidays. I just want a unified program between BA and IB since I'd like to have some chance of op-up on BA going TATL and the ridiculous 90 vs 175 elite point barrier for BA vs. IB on TATL as well (even on AA considering the JV).
I might even agree with you, but I'd prefer that a massive devaluation comes when I'm Avios poor. And with all of these Groupon and 25% discount promos, no matter how often I book Iberia J rewards, that never happens...
Old Mar 8, 2018, 4:08 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
I just did a massive redemption for three to NRT in the middle of July, so that took care of my balance.

My problem is I just fly too much. My new job started in September and I had 500 elite points. I'm now about to get platino next week, all while on an economy only travel policy.
Old Mar 8, 2018, 12:47 pm

Programs: Hyatt Glob/UA Gold
It's gotten worse in the last few days, possibly due to the recent promo, but more likely they deployed an update that includes over-zealous anti-spidering protection (e.g. Captcha). Fraud protection trumps UX for most large companies and often they do not have the staff to implement it correctly.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.