Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Iberia Airlines | Iberia Plus
Reload this Page >

IB Plus - DOB Change - The Computer says no...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11, 2018, 5:25 pm
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue

Hi all,

I am trying to change the D.O.B on my Iberia Plus account so I can combine my avios with my BA Exec Club account (The correct one). Right now the month is incorrect on my account, it's January not July but the day and year is correct. I have been able to confirm all my details with the CS department and they stated a form would be able to be filled out online soon, where I could update it. Fast track a few hours later, I log in and the form is there, similar to the registration form, I alter the DOB and click submit, and it keeps cropping an error message that I am not allowed to change it. So what's the point in giving me the form?

Now every time I call the number for Iberia Plus it keeps redirecting me through to the main CS department who transfer me and it just goes in a loop, I've been given so many different numbers and I always end up in the same place. I know Iberia's IT is bad, but this is awful. I have ended up with the same agent in a loop three times, and it's becoming funny for the both of us how this keeps happening. For something so simple I don't quite understand how no one can just edit this. I have a scan of my ID ready to give them if they need it, I have everything, but no one can do anything, it's like running into a brick wall.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how to approach this other than keep wasting my money phoning the Madrid number?
Old Feb 12, 2018, 12:54 am

Programs: IB+, BAEC
Yeah, you're not going to get this resolved on the phone nor will it be done in a day.

Send an email with the scanned document. Maybe that will work on the first try, but you will probably get denied on the first round and have to escalate.

Once you have an emailed reference response, you can call using that as your basis.

As I understand it, it's actually not that simple of a fix, they have certain fields in the database that are protected and require some extra bureaucratic dealings to get changed.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 2:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Silver, TK E+, AA PP, Hyatt Globalist, Marriott LT Plat, Hilton Diamond
A new Iberia Plus account might be a whole lot easier...
Old Feb 12, 2018, 5:00 am

They would require a scanned copy of your ID/Passport to change this. Setting up a new IB account will not allow you to transfer until 3 months have passed AFAIK.
Old Feb 12, 2018, 8:44 am

Originally Posted by DELLAS
They would require a scanned copy of your ID/Passport to change this. Setting up a new IB account will not allow you to transfer until 3 months have passed AFAIK.
On the other hand, solving this (starting with an email, as LupineChemist suggests) will probably not take much less than that...
Old Feb 12, 2018, 10:35 am

Originally Posted by Yllanes
On the other hand, solving this (starting with an email, as LupineChemist suggests) will probably not take much less than that...
I find they are more responsive on FB/Twitter. Private messages. Seems to get to the right place quicker.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 10:59 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Executive Club, Flying Blue
Just an update, emailed them and they responded with a form to fill out by hand and scan off with my ID, form was in Spanish, so roughly google translated it, understood most of it! Hopefully this should be done, but who knows when, it's down to Iberia and their notorious admin department. I'll let you know when they finally get this done.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:50 am

Programs: Lifetime Platinum
FWIW, this is what I had to do to resolve a similar issue with my wife's data....accidentally misspelled her middle name...it was resolved very quickly.
Old Feb 13, 2018, 11:55 am

Good to know and thanks for the update on the outcome, which is what makes these threads useful. If you have any issues with the language in the form, you can PM me.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.